Office Coordinator - Radiation Therapy
January 4, 2021
PeaceHealth is seeking a Office Coordinator - Radiation Therapy for a Part Time, Day position. Hourly compensation starts at $18.99, more depending on experience.
Responsible for answering the telephone/receptionist duties, registering patients, scheduling appointments with appropriate health care provider, entering demographic and financial data into patient record, maintaining record systems, collecting statistical information, and providing support to clinic or hospital staff. Provides departmental expertise regarding billing systems and regulations. Responsible for management of referrals and tracking visits for optimum utilization.
1. Interacts with payers and subcontracted providers to facilitate service authorization and payment.
2. Competes and updates statistical reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for clinic or hospital leadership.
3. Coordinates vacation/time-off of front office staff in accordance with departmental and hospital/clinic policy.
4.Manages daily appointment schedules.
5.Performs billing activities and provider relations and support.
6. May direct duties of office staff including receptionist, registration and medical records activities.
7. Assures other clerical staff adherence and completion of daily operational tasks.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous leadership experience preferred.
• Two years experience with CPT coding, billing in a physician office or hospital business office.
• Physician or Rehab office experience with patient scheduling preferred.
• Medical billing and coding ICD-10/CPT knowledge required.
• Medical terminology required.
• Proficiency computer skills including Microsoft Office applications required.
• Familiarity with provider scheduling templates required.
• Experience working with electronic medical records and scheduling systems preferred.
• Knowledge of insurance policies, and applicable government and legal regulations and standards required.
• Familiar with insurance billing.
LONGVIEW PHYSICAL/ CONGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
• Work requires normal amounts of physical effort up to 33% of the time.
• Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
• Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
• Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and Cultural Humility .
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state or federal laws.