Full Time Debit Card Services Specialist/Member Services Rep
January 3, 2021
Full Time Debit Card Services Specialist/Member Services Representative
Owensboro Federal Credit Union
Owensboro, KY 42301
$13 - $16 an hour
Full-Time Debit Card Services Specialist / Member Services Representative
We are looking for a reliable debit card services specialist/member service representative to process all transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with established policies and procedures. The successful candidate will be the “frontline” of our credit union and will play a fundamental role in achieving our customer satisfaction and growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of transactions daily, communicate effectively with members and promote the credit union. This position has the potential for growth within the credit union.
Debit Card Service Specialist Responsibilities
• Serve as a contact for members with card services inquiries.
• Serve as a contact to assist the staff with various card-related inquiries.
• Close debit card accounts due to inactivity or account closures.
• Monitor returned mail with debit/credit cards.
• Perform the following daily routines:
• Process debit and ATM card applications including both approving/denying and ordering.
• Monitor multiple reports for debit card quality control.
• Process lost/stolen card replacements and perform other service maintenance for all lost/stolen card reports.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of all card services products and services.
• Process card service duties as needed.
• Always be security-minded on member inquiries including address changes and replacement card requests.
• Develop a working knowledge of the credit union's data and word processing systems.
Member Service Representative Responsibilities
• Conduct dozens of credit union’s routine transactions within time limits and established guidelines (cash checks, accept deposits and loan payments, process withdrawals etc)
• Assess members needs and promote the credit union.
• Have knowledge of the credit union’s products so you can recommend appropriate products to members.
• Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, member loyalty and satisfaction
• Comply with regulatory requirements
• Manage risk in every transaction and detect fraudulent transactions to prevent losses
• Resolve members’ issues and provide relevant information
• Proven working experience in banking, personal banking, retail banking or financial services
• Basic PC knowledge and familiarity with electronic equipment (e.g. cash drawers, receipt validators, money counters)
• Strong communication and time management skills
• Members satisfaction-oriented
• Attention to detail and mathematical skills
• High School Diploma or GED required
Benefits Package available
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
• Monday to Friday
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
• Banking: 1 year (Preferred)