December 26, 2020
Christian Care Center Of Kuttawa Ll
Kuttawa, KY 42055
Full Job Description Responsible for assisting the cook in the preparation of large quantities of appetizing and nutritious foods for Residents’ meals with subsequent cleaning and maintenance of orderly work area. Accomplish loading, pre-wash scraping of tableware, load and operate dishwashing equipment, and maintenance of clean, odor-free work environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Assure Resident safety at all times.
• Willing to address each Resident with his/her preferred name as well as learn and abide by Residents’ Rights, rules and regulations.
• Commitment to work well with other staff avoiding petty conflicts that disrupt a productive work environment. Does not participate in facility gossip and rumors.
• Assist in setting up diet cards.
• Apportion food according to standardized plating procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality of all activities, persons, and records.
• Substitutes as directed by cook or other dietary supervisors.
• Assist with food preparation in preparing tasty, attractive and nutritious meals.
• Practice safe food preparation by demonstration of correct sanitary food handling technique.
• Follow dietary policies and procedures and instructions in preparing trays according to Resident preference.
• Begin tray service.
• Identify Resident by name-band or photograph prior to administering meals.
• Set and load dishwashing equipment.
• Clean food carts, pots and pans as needed/directed.
• Clean tableware according to standard times in cycles.
• Set water temperature correctly and use proper amount of soap to sanitize tableware.
• Store clean supplies and equipment in proper areas.
• Properly dispose of garbage as quickly as possible after meals are finished.
• Resident preferences are followed when providing care and service.
• Maintain Resident privacy, values and right for decision making.
• Immediately notify supervisor and Executive Director for any injury, illness, or if develop a condition, that might impact the aptitude to perform job functions.
Ancillary Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform duties in compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Note changes in Resident’s condition and report immediately to charge nurse or Director of Nursing.
• Assist in preparing special diets or supplements as directed by physician.
• Blend, tenderize and chop food as directed.
• Season food according to diet ordered.
• Use proper title "Doctor" in referring to any physician.
• Assist in preparation of food items by cutting, peeling and washing fruits and vegetables as requested.
• Make toast or other accompaniments as assigned.
• Prepare and pour beverages and condiments/seasoning to be placed on trays.
• Organize tray service by checking diet cards for proper order.
• Make sure each Resident has a diet card.
• Assist in cleaning kitchen, dining areas and equipment as assigned.
• Clean worktables and steam tables.
• Sweep and mop floors at least daily and more often if necessary.
• Use right cleaning solutions and equipment.
• Establish and maintain positive rapport with all members of the healthcare team, Residents, and all visitors.
• Report on/off duty at assigned times.
• Maintain an attitude of support for departmental activities.
• Follow infection control policies and procedures by hand washing before food preparation, wearing gloves when handling food.
• Practice good personal hygiene.
• Obtain TB tests annually and at the time requested.
• Do not work during times of infectious illness.
• Take care to avoid contamination of food.
• Do not contaminate clean areas with dirty items.
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures by using proper body mechanics when lifting, bending and stooping.
• Take care to avoid causing accidental fires or injuries.
• Follow policies and procedures during fire/disaster drills and emergencies.
• Treat Residents with kindness, dignity and respect.
• Receptive to constructive feedback from supervisors and co-workers.
• Positively apply suggestions to work performance.
• Accepts additional assignments within scope of training, education or experience.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all Resident care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
• Ensure that the Resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints, are well established and maintained at all times.
• Review Resident complaints and grievances and make written reports of action taken. Discuss such actions with Resident and family as appropriate.
Safety and Sanitation
• Ensure that you and all facility personnel, Residents, visitors, etc., follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Ensure that the building and grounds are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner as well as in good working order by reporting all concerns to management.
• Ensure that you and all facility personnel follow established regulations governing the use of labels and SDSs for hazardous chemicals.
• Ensure that facility procedure manuals identify safety precautions and equipment to use when performing tasks that could cause bodily injury or exposure to a hazardous chemical or infectious waste.
• Ensure that you and all facility personnel follow established ergonomics policies and procedures to prevent self-injury.
• Ensure that you and all facility personnel performing tasks that involve potential exposure to blood, body fluids, or hazardous chemicals are appropriately trained prior to performing such tasks.
• Sincere desire to work with elders and others who have a limited capacity for self-care.
• Knowledge of food preparation, sanitation and hygienic methods.
• Follow verbal and written instructions.
• Mental and physical capacity to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Demonstrate creative initiative and mature judgment in making competent decisions.
• Consistently maintain courteous, empathetic, and professional attitude.
• Communicate and comprehend orally and in writing to effectively receive and share information as necessary to perform job duties.
• Transportation accessible to enable flexibility of work schedule.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: All statements addressed in the "Working Hours," "Environment" and "Physical/Sensory Demands" sections below are applicable to all jobs maintained by the employer.
Working Hours: The employee will
• Be employed on a full-time, part-time or PRN (as needed) basis. May be subject to change after employment.
• Work unusual hours as necessary and as required.
• Be expected and required to adhere to policies and procedures regarding attendance.