November 21, 2020
Pay Type Salaried State: IN City: Evansville Area of Interest: Distribution Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 1377 Job Title Logistics Manager Job Description
We're expanding! Swedish Match North America LLC, a manufacturer and marketer of well-known tobacco products, non-tobacco ZYN pouch products, as well as complementary products, is currently seeking an Logistics Manager I for the Owensboro, KY facility.
• Establish key Metrics that drive desired behaviors in-line with division goals, as well as establishing process for continuous improvement focusing on all internal and external customers/vendors.
• Develop and manage budgets for Logistics and Warehousing.
• Direct, and monitor logistics metrics for Owensboro Operations.
• Lead, coordinate and manage numerous upper and lower management personnel in a cross-functional environment to assure order flow and service metric improvement throughout supply chain.
• Monitor inventory levels in outside DC's and provide month end reconciliation report to Planning Manager.
• Provide feedback to the functions of inventory control, transportation, warehouse,
• Propose and implement initiatives, as appropriate, which lead to greater levels of delivery service, performance, cost and inventory reduction.
• Establish training programs for personnel in all areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with delivery service goals.
• Responsible for the development of all members of the department through proper utilization of performance management and personal effectiveness plans.
• Fosters strong relationships with Brand Managers, Production Planning, Procurement, Materials Management and Operations to ensure the development of continuous improvement suggestions.
Education : Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
Experience : A minimum of 5 years in a variety of different Supply Chain and Manufacturing areas, including Logistics, Transportation, Distribution, and Management.
Skill/Knowledge : Ability to successfully develop, lead and execute is required. Must have extensive experience in production planning systems utilizing MPS and MRP. Must have detailed knowledge of modern planning, sales forecasting, materials requirement planning, and inventory control. Must be highly motivated, resourceful and organized with exemplary personal and professional integrity.
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), paid vacation, 11 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet