November 21, 2020
Pay Type Salaried State: IN City: Evansville Area of Interest: Purchasing Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt Requisition Number 1374 Job Title Purchasing Manager Job Description
Swedish Match North America LLC, a manufacturer and marketer of well-known tobacco products, non-tobacco ZYN pouch products, as well as complementary products, is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager for the Owensboro, KY facility.
• Administers the functions of purchasing for the Owensboro factory.
• Maintains frequent contact with almost all areas of Swedish Match to coordinate and time purchasing activities.
• Provides leadership and direction in the development and implementation of purchasing management concepts and systems.
• Ensures that all functions of the department are staffed with competent personnel, that they are delegated authority and are appropriately compensated. Develop programs for personnel growth, which will enable all members of the department to perform at the optimum level.
• Manages the development and implementation of approved policies and practices.
• Ensures timely availability of quality materials and supplies at competitive prices. Responsible for maintaining inventory levels within agreed upon targets.
• Responsible for negotiations with all major suppliers, establishing relations with key vendors and maintaining secondary supplier program for critical materials.
• Analyze and develop cost data for use in planning and assessing performance.
• Responsible for coordinating with Factory Manager to ensure that the purchasing functions enhance factory productivity.
• Ensures that Environmental Preferable Purchasing Initiative is obtained by including environmental considerations as part of the purchasing process; emphasizing pollution prevention early in the purchasing process; examining multiple environmental attributes throughout a product's or service's life cycle; comparing relevant environmental impacts when selecting products or services; and collecting accurate and meaningful information about environmental performance and using it to make purchasing decisions, without compromising business needs.
Education: Bachelors Degree with concentration in area of business, economics or accounting. CPSM preferred.
Experience: Seven to ten years of purchasing management experience.
Skill/Knowledge: Must be thoroughly familiar with our finished products and the specification of the items used in producing them, as well as operational procedures. Must possess impeccable integrity and have the ability to exercise good judgment, keeping the best interest of the company uppermost in thinking in actions. Must possess strong presentation, computer, and communication skills.
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), paid vacation, 11 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet