Entry Technician - Mechanical Experience
November 19, 2020
Entry Technician – Mechanical Experience Job Description The Owensboro, KY mill is seeking qualified candidates for entry level positions with mechanical experience. These positions are operator/maintainers responsible for not only operating highly automated equipment, but also troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
• Minimum of 18 years of age and able to legally work in the United States
• High school diploma or GED equivalency
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, holidays, weekends, and overtime
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrated safety and attendance performance on previous employments
• Ability to work in a Team Based High Performance Work System
• Problem solving and decision making skills
• Motivated self-starter
• L egal right to work in the United States
• Technical skills include: troubleshooting, disassembling equipment, parts replacement, general machine repair. Additional skills in gear boxes, couplings, drawings & schematics, bearings, pumps, or rigging are preferred.
• Candidates with a one or more years of experience in a manufacturing; ideal candidates will have at least three years of experience
• Post secondary education/training (degrees, technical, military)
• Experience with high speed manufacturing and converting equipment
• Basic understanding, support and execution of Continuous Improvement principles and tools
• Previous Lift Truck Operator experience
• SAP knowledge
As a world-class employer, Kimberly-Clark offers training, competitive pay and benefits.
Starting pay for qualified candidates will be approximately $20.45/hour.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role’s country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role. Primary Location USA-KY-Owensboro Additional Locations Worker Type Employee Worker Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time
Job Type: Full time