Office Support Assistant II
November 18, 2020
11/29/2020 (7:00 PM EST)
Office Support Assistant II
Pay Grade 08
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet | Department of Corrections
Probation and Parole
121 E 2nd Street, 4th Floor
Owensboro, KY 42303 USA
Are you ready to Brave the Challenge?
If you want to make a difference in your community and be a part of a cohesive team, the Department of Corrections may have a career opportunity for you!
The Division of Probation and Parole is hiring for an Office Support Assistant II. This position is primarily operational in nature, with a span of control to include district and/or field offices within specific geographic areas and staff assigned to those areas. Employees within this position may report to the District Supervisor and/or Assistant Supervisors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Drafts or prepares correspondence, detailed forms, reports or other materials.
• Makes decisions based upon defined rules, regulations, methods or procedures for the processing of documents and may communicate these decisions to others.
• Answers inquiries and provides detailed information on office inquiries in person, by telephone and/or electronic mail.
• Checks, maintains or prepares records such as financial documents, time/attendance, travel vouchers or related documents.
• Ensures office has needed supplies and orders supplies as needed with supervisor approval.
• Assists supervisors with maintaining documentation for accreditation.
• Answers incoming phone calls and greets visitors to the office.
• Assists with inventory control.
• Processes and disseminates incoming mail and ensures outgoing mail is processed daily.
• Maintains database of forms and ensures printed documents are available for offender and staff use.
• Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Familiar with Excel and Outlook
• Positive and helpful attitude to support the district and division as a whole
• Ability to adapt to the ever-changing needs of the Department and Division
EDUCATION: High school graduate.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Two years of office support experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Additional education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title typically work in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Keith Decker at Keith.Decker@ky.gov .
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D