Quality Assurance Technician, 2nd shift
November 17, 2020
Pay Type Salaried State: KY City: Owensboro Area of Interest: Quality Control Exempt or Non-Exempt: Non-exempt Requisition Number 1373 Job Title Quality Assurance Technician, 2nd shift Job Description
Swedish Match North America LLC, a manufacturer and marketer of well-known tobacco products, non-tobacco ZYN pouch products, as well as complementary products, is currently seeking an Quality Assurance Technician (2nd shift) for the Owensboro, KY facility.
• Maintain test instruments through calibration, chemical or parts supply, troubleshooting methods, and instrument knowledge. Maintain pertinent records, logs or reports.
• Perform multi-step analysis for tobacco constituents. Perform a broad range of procedures in the QA lab.
• Evaluate and verify test methodology and instrument accuracy in assessing quality of finished product. Discuss variances with appropriate personnel and monitor major quality problems and trends.
• Complete periodic technical product reports and report on product problems encountered.
• Implement goals and objectives to be consistent with quality and manufacturing. Report progress on a routine basis.
• Provide hands-on technical assistance to manufacturing.
• Perform quality audits and proactively determine and perform additional efforts necessary to alleviate quality concerns.
• Participate in meetings of new products, projects, or equipment and provide input to new concepts.
• Provide recommendations to the QA Supervisor and QA Manager on disposition of substandard product (rework, destroy, ship, etc.).
• Interacts directly with production supervisors in the accomplishment of improvement objectives in the manufacturing process.
• Monitors, maintains, or develops performance reporting systems developed from the inspection and testing operations and recommends necessary action based upon results.
• Establishes effective lines of communication and feedback with manufacturing supervisors, engineers, and QA staff to ensure prompt attention and resolution of conditions that adversely affect quality or throughput.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
Education: High School diploma. Associates degree or combined college courses plus equivalent years experience in a related technical field strongly preferred.
Experience: Computer literate, data entry, document control, and procedural implementation. Familiarity with basic statistics, graphing, charting, ISO and GMP and "Quality Concepts".
Skill/Knowledge: Must have excellent communication, organizational and critical thinking skills. Must work well independently and with members of other departments. Ability to prepare timely, concise and accurate reports.
Other: Must be able to work 2nd shift (3:00pm - 11:30pm)
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, paid bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, matching 401(k), paid vacation, 11 paid holidays...and more!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet