November 17, 2020
First United Bank and Trust Co.
Responded to 75% or more applications in the past 30 days, typically within 1 day.
Full Job Description
The Credit Analyst is responsible for determining the creditworthiness of new and existing borrowing relationships based on financial information, borrowing history, proformas, business plans, and market conditions. Through the cash flow and overall evaluation of the credit, the analyst will formulate an opinion based on ratios, trends, collateral, and loan structure. The analyst will utilize tools such as financial models, credit reports, and key ratios to prepare credit approval presentations, as well as relationship reviews. The analyst will also assist with management reporting, developing procedures, and exception tracking.
The Credit Analyst must be experienced in financial analysis/loan underwriting, as well as possess strong mathematical and analytical skills. Applicant must be able to interpret, analyze, and understand tax returns and other financial data, as well as research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and problem solve. In addition, the incumbent must possess excellent and concise written and verbal communication skills including professional grammar. The applicant must be a self-starter who can work independently, as well as working in a team environment to ensure a high level of productivity and commitment. Positive attitude, detailed-oriented, and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and experience with Sageworks software is beneficial. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred; however, will consider the equivalent of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of this position.
The primary duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited, to the following:
• Underwrite high-quality credit narratives in support of new and existing loan relationships, which includes analyzing multi-year trends and ratios from financial information, understanding cash flow (including global cash flow), and performing collateral analysis.
• Monitor existing credit facilities for financial and reporting covenant compliance, detect early warning signs that could lead to a potential default, monitor underperforming loans, and evaluate proper loan risk ratings.
• Formulate an opinion of the loan request and assist lenders in making sound and prudent credit decisions.
• Research industry trends and risks.
• Work closely with the Commercial Bankers on all levels of the business banking relationship to ensure the borrower receives exceptional service.
• Monitor the loan approval process in adherence to loan policy and procedures.
• Prepare loan administration reports as assigned, including the monthly classified loan list, quarterly LTV exception report, quarterly large borrower report, etc.
• Assist in developing policies and procedures.
• Have knowledge of loan documentation and compliance.
• Perform other duties as assigned and directed by management.
Duties are performed in an office environment in a professional business setting. Position requires travel when making business development calls, community events/meetings, internal meetings/trainings and to banking centers.
Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
May be required to sit for extended periods of time while performing job duties. May be required to lift and carry up to 20 pounds in the form of paperwork, files, or other items. Must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time, paying attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible schedule
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Professional development assistance
• Referral program
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Bonus pay
• Multiple locations
• Only full-time employees eligible