Utility Tech - 1st Shift
November 17, 2020
Utility Tech - 1st Shift
Read what people are saying about working here.
Perform duties needed on daily basis in saw area. Duties will depend on Customer Orders as well as Plant absenteeism and/or vacations. Candidate will learn Horizontal CNC, Verticle CNC, Slitter, Wire Cutter, and AutoBand Saws
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Intimate operating knowledge or ability to learn all equipment in assigned area (including CNC’s, Automatic Saws, Slitters)
• Will be required to work in different area(s) on a day to day basis depending on Customer Orders, Vacations, and absenteeism.
• With minimal supervision should be able to determine where bottlenecks will occur based on work orders. Should have ability to step in and minimalize potential bottlenecks by operating or assisting in needed areas.
• Will be required to operate different machinery and perform different process daily based on Customer Orders.
• Perform the duties of employees in assigned area who are absent or on vacation.
• Overtime may be required to meet Customer/Production needs.
• Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure and use basic math skills including decimals and fractions.
• Other duties as assigned by Management
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to work alone. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protection is available but not required. The employee is exposed to temperatures ranging from moderate to extreme hot/cold depending on the time of year and location of work being done. The employee is regularly required to work with machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed to excessive work speeds, awkward / cramped positions, moving objects and crowded conditions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to read, write and comprehend information, instructions, and memos.
Ability to read tape measure and perform basic math; including common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed technical written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, bend at waist, do repetitive motion and grip tools and objects stretch and/or reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally
kneel, frequently walk, twist, stand and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to twenty five pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)