Assistant Branch Manager - Owensboro
November 16, 2020
Do you have previous experience working in the consumer finance industry? Are you goal-oriented and have you helped to lead teams in the past? If so, Mariner Finance has an amazing opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Branch Manager in our Owensboro, KY branch. Assistant Branch Managers not only lead the way in new business development but, they also help to mentor their team.
Become a part of a fast-growing, dynamic company, and join a team that offers an opportunity for accelerated professional growth! If you enjoy interacting with customers and thrive in a results-oriented environment, we would love to hear from you!
• Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking loans. Extends credit to individuals through a variety of loan programs. Represents the company in the community and develops and promotes additional business.
• Proactively reviews daily staffing levels to insure level of coverage sufficient to provide quality customer service while controlling unnecessary expense. Monitors actual hours worked to insure proper utilization of staff.
• Provides service to internal and external customers as needed. Approves exceptions to policy as authorized by Manager based on nature of exception, customer retention needs and related factors. Resolves product service, and policy related problems for customers with exceptional timeliness, accuracy and professional courtesy. Originates, reviews and approves loan applications; reviews approved loans for possible up-selling, denied loans for possible counteroffer and settled loans for completeness of documentation.
• Responsible for the sale of company products and services. Places inside sales calls to increase customer base. Responsible for the retention and maintenance of existing accounts as well as developing awareness of other sales/service activities
• Assists Branch Manager with administrative work for existing and potential customers; completes reports, initiates contact with customer as Manager’s direction to acquire additional financial information and communicate/resolve problem situations.
• Monitors and approves monthly expenses, verifying expenses against corresponding entries in annual business plan and documenting variances.May assist Manager in preparation of annual budget.
• In manager’s absence, coordinates functions and daily operational issues through communication with Regional Manager.
• May perform additional functions depending on market demand and branch staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service.Other functions include but are not limited to:collecting payments, completing and processing loan applications, contacting customers for late payments, cashiering, answering phones, photocopying, filing, etc.
• Additional duties and responsibilities may apply.
• High school diploma plus either completions of an Associate’s Degree (or two (2) years of college course work) in a discipline such as personnel management, business, accounting, marketing, finance, administration, economics; or recent successful (within past three (3) years) completion of a lending training program or other closely aligned course of study. Four years of related experience in a sales/and/or financial services industry can be substituted for the college degree or completion of the lending training program.
• In addition to the educational requirements listed above, incumbents must have an additional three years of related experience in a financial services, insurance or sales industry.
• Outstanding interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills required at time of hire and ongoing to resolve problems for customers, to interact effectively with all levels of employees and all type of customers, both internal and external and to successfully utilize financial, human and technological resources to meet established business goals.
• Must possess excellent written communication skills to compose professional, error free correspondence, together with sufficient personal computer skills to compose such correspondence and format various reports utilizing PC software.
As a team member of Mariner Finance you will enjoy a robust benefits package that demonstrates our dedication to employee satisfaction:
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurances
• 401k Match
• Paid Time-Off
• Education Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending Account
Mariner Finance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental handicap, covered veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.