Revenue Field Auditor I
November 15, 2020
11/27/2020 (7:00 PM EST)
Revenue Field Auditor I
Pay Grade 12
Salary $31,071.12 - $49,714.08
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 40.0 HR/WK
Finance & Administration Cabinet | Department of Revenue
401 Frederica Street
Building C, Suite 201
Owensboro, KY 42301 USA
Are you interested in being part of a team that is dedicated in serving the people and business owners across the Commonwealth in helping educate and bring them into compliance with Kentucky state tax laws? If so, this is your opportunity to work for the Kentucky Department of Revenue.
The Office of Field Operations, in the Owensboro Taxpayer Service Center has an opening for a Revenue Field Auditor position. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to provide clear communication skills with taxpayers and their representative(s) over the phone and in person to resolve tax matters.
As Revenue Field Auditor for the Commonwealth of Kentucky, you will receive the direction and the training needed to successfully audit tax returns to determine the accuracy of the return filed, payments made, and the extent of liabilities due (if any).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Educating and advising taxpayers of their tax liabilities/responsibilities, filing deadlines, tax payment obligations, and department policies and procedures.
• Carefully reviewing tax returns as directed.
• Collecting data, information, and documentation from taxpayers.
• Carefully monitoring deadlines.
• Continuously updating notes, histories, and taxpayer information in agency computer systems and audit work papers.
• Recording notes proficiently and accurately into agency computers systems during telephone conversations.
• Conducting meetings and other conferences with taxpayers and tax professionals.
• Utilizing Microsoft Excel at a basic level and learning more advanced techniques.
• Ensuring the safety and confidentiality of taxpayer information, data, and records.
• Remaining up-to-date on tax laws, policies, and regulations by regularly attending in-house and outside seminars, training sessions, and educational opportunities.
The successful candidate should possess clear communication skills to work with customers in person or over the telephone and in writing, occasionally in confrontational situations.
Additional / Supplemental information:
• Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
• Must comply with all tax laws
• Mostly at a desk using a computer and telephone
• Some travel for training and education.
• We offer opportunities for Flexible work schedules.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree that includes twenty semester hours or thirty quarter hours in pure accounting courses.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: NONE
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (C.P.A.) will substitute for the required education.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Duties are generally performed in an office setting. Requires overnight travel both in and out of state.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 12 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Patricia.Kuntz@Ky.Gov at Patricia.Kuntz@Ky.Gov or 270-687-7301.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D