Office Support Assistant II
November 13, 2020
11/24/2020 (7:00 PM EST)
Office Support Assistant II
Pay Grade 08
Salary $1,658.16 Monthly
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Cabinet for Health & Family Services | Dept for Community Based Services
3649 Wathen's Crossing
Owensboro, KY 42301 USA
The Kentucky Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) is a multi-faceted agency that provides services and programs to enhance the self-sufficiency of families; improve safety and permanency for children and vulnerable adults; and, engage families and community partners in a collaborative decision-making process.
DCBS is seeking a career minded individual to fill an Office Support Assistant position. With professionalism and integrity, our agency offers services to families to ensure safe, stable homes for the children of the Commonwealth. As an Office Support Assistant, you will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support in order to optimize workflow procedures in the office. This position will serve as a point of contact for all queries, requests, or issues and will be an integral part of the workforce. The employee is expected to perform at the highest quality to ensure services to the vulnerable citizens.
For more information on the Department for Community Based Services, please visit our website at:
Career growth is encouraged through training and mentoring. Benefits include health and life insurance, flexible work schedules, paid sick and vacation leave, and retirement benefits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Receives, organizes, edit, correct or enter various data via keyboarding
• Maintains files, logs, manuals or other documents
• Prepares documents for filing, storage, data entry or other processing
• Drafts or prepares correspondence, detail forms, reports or other materials
• Answer inquiries and provides detailed information on office inquiries in person, by telephone or by electronic mail
• Checks, maintains or prepares records such as financial documents, office payroll, time and attendance, travel vouchers or related documents
• Prepares daily, monthly or annual records or reports
• Operates personal computers, office machines or other office equipment
• Orders office supplies and/or maintains inventory of equipment, furniture or other items
• Distributes incoming mail or other incoming material to office staff or prepares outgoing mail or parcels
• Schedules appointments or meeting for managers or supervisor
• Applies an agency’s methods, procedures, rules or regulation to accomplish agency goals or objectives
The ideal candidate will have:
• Integrity and professionalism
• Familiarity with office organization and optimization techniques
• High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Detail oriented
• Quick learner
• A willingness to work as part of a team
The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in U.S. CHFS will only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E-Verify, or if you believe that CHFS has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) at 888-897-7781 or http://dhs.gov/e-verify .
EDUCATION: High school graduate.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Two years of office support experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: Additional education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: NONE
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title typically work in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Kim Gumm at KimL.Gumm@ky.gov .
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D