Human Resources Assistant
November 11, 2020
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Inc.
Posted: 2 Days ago
Owensboro, KY 42301
Owensboro, Kentucky, US
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America’s heartland, providing quality service since 1904. At Southern Star, our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development at the forefront of our focus. We’re committed to building a culture for everyone to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts.
Southern Star is a family-friendly, forward-thinking, customer-oriented company striving for innovation and collaboration in all parts of our business. You can find your second family here in an atmosphere that values trust, learning, teamwork, and having fun while getting the job done. We’re an established company known as an employer of choice in our industry and recognized for safety, credibility and integrity. We need one more talented individual with goals to encourage excellence and create positive outcomes – you may be the perfect match.
In return for this level of talent and experience, Southern Star offers excellent medical benefits, competitive salary, 401k match, paid time off and reimbursements for tuition and fitness.
This entry-level position works under the direction of the Director of Human Resources. The Human Resources Administrative Assistant strategically provides both generalized and specialized assistance in a wide range and combination of activities for the Human Resources Department. This role is critical in ensuring operational support to the HR Team through all manner of administrative tasks and requests related to general queries, processes, systems, policies, and general HR administration, escalating inquiries where necessary. The Administrative Assistant will a ssist in functional areas that may include recruitment & employment, leave administration, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, compensation management, benefits support, and organizational development.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to): Ordering office material and supplies
• Providing administrative services of confidential and sensitive nature
• Assisting with employee events
• Administering and auditing invoices, processing reimbursements
• Maintain departmental files in compliance with applicable law, regulation, policy, or procedure
• Keeping data current in HRIS
• Keeping data current in organizational development reporting dashboards.
• Serve as an administrator in learning management platforms updating/modifying user files.
• Perform routine clerical (creating correspondence in various formats, word-processing, proof reading, filing, invoice management, keeping meeting minutes, and record-keeping)
• Help on-board new hires
• Assisting with maintenance, updating, and implementation of human resources procedures and processes
• Maintain quality control of employee personnel files
• Assist/direct callers and visitors to appropriate person
• Serve as first-line responder for routine human resources questions
• Assist in completing job requisitions, job postings, and all other employee data forms and processes for new hires, employee promotions, terminations, and other changes to employee status
• Assist with all employee activities, functions, projects and presentations
• Maintain appointment calendars, arrange travel schedule and reservations, and compile expense statements
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Graduate or equivalent
• Entry-level experience in human resources/benefits/legal setting
• Can demonstrate an appreciation of confidentiality and exercise discretion. Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or equivalents
• Approachable and supportive manner, with strong customer service skill
• Flexible and supportive team player
• Demonstrated excellent communications skills
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to read and understand directions, policies, procedures, and requirements and adhere to the same
• Ability to work overtime with or without notice
• Ability to work in a high stress environment
• Self-starter, well organized and able to prioritize effectively in order to maintain high service level standards and efficiency
• Human resources degree or coursework
• Experience utilizing HRIS
• Audit or data request support experience
• Basic level skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Access
• Experience working with all levels of an organization within a corporate setting
• Experience completing multiple, diverse tasks under tight deadlines