Analyst Senior ., Financial Planning & Analysis
November 13, 2020
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline, Inc.
Owensboro, KY 42301
Owensboro, Kentucky, US
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is a leading transporter of natural gas to America’s heartland, that has provided quality service since our formation in 1904. At Southern Star our people are our greatest asset with growth and personal development being at the forefront of our focus. We’re committed to building a culture where everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work and be recognized for their efforts.
Southern Star is a family-friendly, forward thinking, customer oriented company that strives for innovation and collaboration in all parts of our business where you can slip on your jeans and work in an atmosphere that values trust, learning, teamwork, and having fun while getting the job done. We’re an established company that’s known as an employer of choice where we do business. We’re known for our safety, credibility and integrity where our word is still our bond. We’re in need of one more talented individual like yourself, that drives change and creates positive outcomes. We are confident that you will find the perfect match here to drive your goals.
In return for this level of talent and experience, Southern Star offers excellent medical benefits, competitive salary, 401k match, paid time off and tuition/fitness reimbursements.
This highly visible role serves as a strategic partner in supporting the continued FP&A activities at Southern Star. This position will be responsible for a wide range of analysis, including key initiative planning and tracking, development of Southern Star's monthly and quarterly forecasts and long-range business plans, identification of value creation opportunities, and other analytical requests and projects.
• Develop a detailed understanding of the key financial and operational metrics for each department
• Partner with key stakeholders across the business to drive forecast and planning cadence in conjunction with monthly outlooks and annual planning cycles
• Coordinate data model review between FP&A, Treasury, and Financial Reporting
• Plan and support broad financial analysis assignments, including investment cases, revenue analytics and scenario modeling
• Lead the development, preparation, and presentation of both short- and long-range financial budgets and forecasts including maintaining the business’ 5-year strategic plan
• Partner with Finance and Accounting teams to develop financial procedures supporting analysis and reporting for existing and future work processes
• Support continued step-change to improve plan to perform processes
• All other duties as assigned.
• 6+ years in Accounting or Finance
• 3 – 5 years of progressive Finance Planning experience
• Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or comparable discipline
• Knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial principles
• Ability to use Microsoft Applications is required, including advanced proficiency in Excel, knowledge of and experience with Navision or Oracle Fusion Financials a plus
• Superior analytical and modeling skills; ability to summarize detailed analyses/data into executive-level presentations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Executive presence required.
• Demonstrate strong business and commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products/services, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success
• Must be team oriented and possess good interpersonal skills (interacting and ability to work with others within the organization)
• Position requires excellent multi-tasking skills
• Excellent time-management skills, with ability to meet important deadlines
• Master of Business Administration