2,000 Retention bonus Lean Restocking,3rd Shift 11:30PM-8:00AM Monday- Friday
October 17, 2020
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Submission for the position: **** $ 2,000 Retention bonus *****Lean Restocking,3rd Shift 11:30PM-8:00AM Monday- Friday - (Job Number: 1140206)
**** $ 2,000 Retention bonus *****Lean Restocking,3rd Shift 11:30PM-8:00AM Monday- Friday
If you are interested in leveraging your talents to drive innovation, customer satisfaction, market growth, personal development and industry change in a dynamic team work environment---please explore the opportunities within our world class Supply Chain team!
**** $2,000 Retention Bonus, paid out in 3 installments@ 60/120/180 days****
Schedule : Monday- Friday, 11:30PM-8:000AM, mandatory overtime as needed
Pay Rate: $15.20 per hour $1.00 shift differential
This position would be responsible for meeting distribution center goals. Responsibilities include selecting product and packing totes, cutting cases of merchandise and/or stocking product. Perform variety of other duties. Performs work under the direction of department lead, supervisor or manager. Must be able to overtime as scheduled. Associates must possess reading, writing and basic math skills, as well as the ability to lift up to 62 lbs, ability to work at heights, and work around a conveyor belt system. Please note that this is a summary job description and does not specifically list all of the essential functions of the job.
• Selects product and place into totes.
• Retrieves product from heights of up to 80 inches, utilizing portable ladders when necessary.
• Packs and loads totes and cases to prevent damage to product. Removes old store labels and labels totes and cases to ensure delivery to proper store.
• Moves full totes and cases onto belt.
• Cuts cases of merchandise to prepare merchandise for picking ergonomically, providing easier handling by the selector.
• Observes safety and damage procedures to avoid injury and damage to product.
• Stocks merchandise weighing up to 62 lbs. onto flow racks which are up to 96 inches high.
• Works in stocking and on other pick lines as needed.
• Cut cases of product according to cut codes and stock in appropriate flow rack locations.
• Stack empty pallets in pallet return bays up to eight (8) pallets high.
• Use pallet pulling hook to retrieve stuck pallets of product with a force of 50 lbs.
• Clears area of all empty cardboard boxes and other trash.
• Regular attendance.
• Works as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner.
• Ability to rotate and assist in other departments.
• Approximately 3 - 8 weeks of on-the-job training
• may be assigned
• Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
• Limited computer data entry skills
• Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
• Basic knowledge of arithmetic
• Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
• Ability to read and write
• Ability to count
• Detail oriented and possess basic computer skills
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Minimum three (3) months related experience in an operations environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education and experience
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly stand, walk, stoop, kneel, pull/push, twist, reach, climb ladders and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 62 pounds by hand. Must be able to read, hear verbal instructions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work at heights up to 29 feet. Work in hot environment of approximately 95o F at upper levels during the summer.
Equipment & Tools Utilized
Computer terminal, writing instruments, cutting knife, wheeled cart, U boat, totes, RF unit, portable ladder, pallets, pallet pulling hook, apron, cut resistant gloves and poking stick.
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): US-TX-Coppell