Senior Bid Manager
October 17, 2020
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos|Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
Telco, Media and Technology (TMT) Senior Bid Manager
Location: US Wide
Description: Come join a key industry for Atos, leading and driving the organization towards its ambition to become a top 5 player for digital transformation within the TMT market globally, accelerating the growth of our business and delighting our customers.
The role The TMT Senior Bid Manager is the key senior role within the overall Global Deal and Bid Management team for TMT, accountable for deals and bid management for the region, reporting directly to the Global Head of Deals and Bid Management for TMT. Demonstrating deep expertise, you will build and deliver the deal and bid management activities for TMT in the region, developing and successful presenting with customers to build winning proposals that will deliver on our customer needs, drive our position in the region and improve Atos’s reputation as a partner of choice. You will support and lead across large and sophisticated deals for TMT in the region, directly supporting and delivering on all deals outside of those handled by the Global Strategic Sales team and engaging with GSS for those opportunities within their remit.
Responsibilities • Full overall responsibility for leading a Deal/Bid from Pursuit to Contract signatures
• Analyze the RFI/RFP/RFx/Opportunity and together with the Client Executive Partner, define a winning deal strategy which fits Client's specific situation, requirements and objectives
• Lead and handle the Bid / Pursuit team and interfaces to internal partners and third-party partners and subcontractors to deliver the full differentiated proposition to the Client within time
• Responsible for developing the proposition that meets the Client’s requirements, differentiates Atos, and satisfies Atos internal requirements, subject to mentorship by the TMT Senior Management and in correspondence to the Win Strategy
• Ensure that the proposition is both complete and consistent for the Client
• Manage relationship with Client and any third-party advisors in the process
• Coordinate relevant workshops (Win Strategy, Solution and Offer, Price to Win, etc.) as per prevailing standard methodologies and ensure follow-up of the outcomes
• Ensure timely and accurate adherence to the internal Bid/Pursuit review and approval process coordinating with the relevant teams as and when needed
• Prepare and own the overall Bid/Pursuit plan, bid budget, and bid status reports
• Engage with relevant Account Sales teams, Solutioning teams, TMT Offerings and Consulting teams to brainstorm and generate plans to build a confirmed pipeline of opportunities for the region
• Ensure continuous development of the bid function in the North America region within TMT to match with market development and evolution of TMT portfolio
The right person! …will be able to demonstrate a strong background of:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Extensive experience in bid management and development, including operating across the full procurement lifecycle
• Deep knowledge of the TMT market
• Good knowledge of the North America region including typical Systems Integration and Infrastructure services companies’ offerings and specificities
• Good commercial awareness
• Proficient in English
Location Based in the USA, with possible frequent travelling within the US and Canada
Reporting • Direct reporting to TMT Global Head of Deals and Bid Management
• Functional reporting to the Client Executive partner for a specific Bid/Pursuit/Deal
• Reporting from Bid / Pursuit / Deal team members
Education and experience • 12-15 years’ experience in technology companies out of which:
• At least 5 years’ experience in the Telecom, Media and Technology industry
• 5 years of Bid Management experience
• Good understanding of Applications, Infrastructure and Workplace Management preferred
• BA or BSc required, MBA or sophisticated technical degree preferred
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.