Advanced Analytics Product Manager
October 17, 2020
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position is based at Peterbilts Division Office in Denton, Texas, where we have been headquartered since 1992 and manufacturing since 1980. In Denton, we have manufactured, supported, and distributed over 600,000 trucks and over 1 million trucks as a company. Our employees take great pride in our products, and we are recognized as a premier employer and valued partner in the local community.
About the team
This position is for a data scientist with the Peterbilt Advanced Analytics team. This team focuses on solving Peterbilts most important challenges using Data and Advanced Analytics. The Advanced Analytics team works on a huge variety of projects; from predictive analytics models to support Operations, to prescriptive analytics to support Peterbilt sales efforts, and data mining projects to identify the drivers of warranty claims. This team works on high-impact and high-visibility projects. Data Scientists present their work to senior executives, helping shape not only Peterbilts current business, but its long term strategy.
The team embraces a collaborative approach to Data Science, sharing best practices and new ideas. Come join this dynamic, growing and pioneering team!
An Advanced Analytics Product Manager is responsible for representing the interests of our product stakeholders before, during and after product development. They should be excellent communicators, able to translate complex technical details into business friendly summaries and project updates. Similarly, they should be able to work with the business to fully understand the root problems trying to be solved with the product, translate that information into a Minimum Viable Product (MVP), and prioritize work items for technical teams appropriately. Additionally, a good product manager will always be on the lookout for new opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of the impact that Peterbilt Advanced Analytics has on our internal stakeholders, and ultimately, Peterbilt customers. In the end, communication skills, integrity, thoughtfulness, creative problem solving, adaptability, and a consistent drive to improve themselves and their organization will lead to a successful product manager.
Here's what you will do in this role:
• Partnering with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Organizing, directing and supporting project teams of varying sizes
• Clearly defining scope, resource set, schedule and budget as well as managing constant elaboration of all of these aspects on moderately to highly complex projects
• Defining and mitigating project risks
• Communicating project status and issues to senior management and project sponsors
• Evaluate and prioritize requirements in partnership with Peterbilt Leadership, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and PACCAR Digital Leadership
• Coordinate quality assurance/user testing and training including the subsequent change control scheduling and documentation for production releases
You're going to need this to be successful:
• Excellent leadership skills • Excellent communication and team building skills (written and verbal)
• Presentation skills suitable for both senior management and task teams
• Effective consensus building skills
• Mental agility and curiosity
• Demonstrated skill in decomposing complex efforts and managing them successfully
• Experience working with highly technical teams and communicate to non-technical partners
• Track record of a variety of project assignments
• In-depth development methodology and system implementation experience
• Experience managing global teams preferred
• Self-motivated and able to work effectively with little or no supervision
• Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial environment
• Capacity to think strategically while delivering incrementally
• Results focus balances speed and precision, measures results, and course corrects as needed
• Experience with cloud computing services, data base, and data science projects preferred
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years account management / sales / product management experience
Preferred Qualifications • Masters Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
• 3+ years within a software product management position, consulting, or software development experience preferred
• Tech savvy, data-driven, and passionate about building products
• Direct experience using iterative or Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
• Proficiency in JIRA, Confluence, MS Office, communication platforms and tools
Why work for Paccar/Peterbilt?
• Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
• Comprehensive Paid Time Off Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick Leave.
• Tuition Reimbursement for continued education eligible after 1 year of service.
• Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
• Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Womens Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).