Staff Software Engineer
October 17, 2020
LEONARDO DRS (“DRS”) is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, DRS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A, which employs more than 60,000 people worldwide. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com .
Overview of Electro Optical Infrared Systems
The Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) line of business within DRS has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS develops, manufactures, and supports infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
You will be responsible for a team of software engineers tasked with developing, testing and maintaining a suite of software applications and tools that support our aircraft survivability programs. Your role will require operating as a member of an integrated team alongside other engineering disciplines such as embedded software, systems engineering and product/test engineering
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
• B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related disciplne from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
• Active security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance is required
• Expertise in object oriented software development
• Expertise developing desktop applications with the .NET Framework, Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Forms and C#
• Expertise developing desktop applications with C++
• Experience with project management and project management tools such as MS Project
• Experience with source control repositories such as Git or SVN
• Experience leading teams of software engineers.
• Experience with enforcing an established software engineering process
• Experience with software build tools such as Jenkins
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for software process tasks including requirements/user story definition, software application and library design, implementation, integration, verification, validation and maintenance.
• This role will be the responsible party for aircraft survivability tools development. As such, this role will require establishing a close working relationship with systems engineering, embedded software engineering and product/test engineering to deliver reusable software on a schedule following the Leonarod DRS software engineering process.
• This position will have direct reports. This role will be responsible for planning and managing the tasks of the aircraft survivability software tools team.
• This role will be expected to report the status of the teams development tasks to the integrated aircraft survivability engineering leads.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Some travel required to support on-site customer testing
Only candidates that meet the qualifications set forth above are eligible to be contacted for further information. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS