Material Handler / Operator III - TX
October 17, 2020
JOB SUMMARY: Performs various manual operations and operates equipment in a warehouse and logistics process. Receives, identifies, stores, picks and moves goods and material and operates hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, palletizers and other equipment as required. The Shift for which you are applying is Wednesday - Saturday nights, 7:00 PM - 05:30 AM
Summary: Moves product and material using several sources of manual or equipment operation. Verifies information, prepares orders and completes appropriate documents; typically involves more complex equipment, multiple cells or operations, and advanced or non-standard requirements. Serves as a lead to staff and provides work direction. Performs the most complex operations, ensures employees are trained and is fully trained in all operational areas.
• May serve as a lead operator in less complex, smaller teams or standard operations.
• Operates a forklift when required and is fully trained and operational; may not perform the most complex, heavy or oversized transports.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, product code and related characteristics; tends to be more complex or in multiple cells or operations and fully trained.
• Operates hand tools to close or opens bales, build or tear down crates, and other containers or material; packaging can be advanced or non-standard.
• Completes or verifies appropriate forms, documents, labels and other information to ensure the accuracy of inventory, monitor and track material and successful receiving and/or delivery of goods; involves knowledge of several operations or varied goods and services.
• Identifies potential operational or service concerns, notifies appropriate co-workers and assists with resolving.
• Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and a safe and effective work environment.
• Assists with training and providing basic work instructions to new hires or transfers.
• Develops and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times, such as working collaboratively, providing timely communications and instruction and assisting with operations as necessary .
• Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within assigned area.
• Prepares and assembles orders, picks and counts material, moves and loads materials between operations or trucks; uses labor or manual equipment such as hand truck or pallet jack.
• Performs various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, cleaning docks, staging, packing, racking and related storage areas, proper storing equipment, basic preventative maintenance and related tasks.
• Performs all forklift requirements, including heavy and oversized pieces.
• Prioritizes and assigns work and provides work direction.
• Works with supervisors and trainers to ensure staff are trained, provides assistance and feedback and completes appropriate forms or documents when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.