Secretary II - Maintenance
October 16, 2020
JOB CLASS: 8971
TITLE: SECRETARY II - MAINTENANCE
• High school diploma or GED Certificate.
• Demonstrate and/or develop skills to operate office and educational equipment and a minimum of three years of increasingly responsible secretarial and clerical experience.
• Must meet the requirements of a criminal record check as specified by Kentucky state law.
• Has met health requirements as specified in district personnel policy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Maintenance
JOB GOAL: To perform a variety of clerical duties involving answer the phone, filing, maintaining records and reports in support of the maintenance department...
CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE REQUIRED:
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Applicable sections of Kentucky Administrative Regulations and other applicable laws.
• District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Organization, rules, regulations, and programs related to an assigned office or function.
• Operation of a computer terminal and data entry techniques.
• Software applications used by the District, including word processing and spreadsheets.
• Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
• Basic budget monitoring and control.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Perform advanced-level secretarial duties requiring independent judgment and analysis.
• Plan, organize and coordinate office activities. Work independently with little direction.
• Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Compose independently or from oral instructions letter, memos, bulletins or other material.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Demonstrate effective typing skills.
• Displays knowledge of and use of a computer.
• Maintains accurate records, both financial and general.
• Receives and routes all incoming communications via radio and phone..
• Plans and completes work on a timely basis.
• Consistently displays self-discipline.
• Cooperates with staff, both certified and classified.
• Acts in accordance with the by-laws and policies as set forth by the Owensboro Board of Education, KRS and KAR, and applicable Federal laws and regulations.
• Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of the Owensboro Public Schools.
• Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Classified salary schedule
• Classified benefits package
• 8 hours per day
• 240 days per year
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Maintenance Salary Range Per Hour Shift Type Full Time