October 15, 2020
Dart is looking for an EHS Manager to join our Owensboro, KY team. In this role, you will manage the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) compliance efforts in a manufacturing facility with a focus on meeting Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service.
• Consult with all regulatory agencies, ensure compliance and manage audits
• Direct, develop and deliver EHS training programs to ensure employee’s knowledge, understanding and adherence to safety and environmental regulations pertaining to the operation of the facility.
• Manage EHS programs including cost control/reduction and accident prevention/reduction.
• Develop, implement and coordinate all Industrial Hygiene activities including non-hazardous, hazardous, and universal and infectious waste disposal.
• Develop, implement and coordinate all Fire Prevention/Protection and Ergonomic programs.
• Track, approve and maintain chemical inventories for hazard notification, reporting requirements and Material Safety Data Sheet system updates.
• Develop procedures, work instructions and visual standards as needed to drive improvement and ensure implementation
• Assist in identifying and developing audit/inspection criteria which are effective in preventing or controlling deficient or problematic processes
• Ensure all EHS issues identified during internal/external audits and Safety Committee audits are resolved.
• Provide support for incident investigations and Why Tree/Root Cause Analysis.
• Collaborate with local Human Resources Manager in the administration of Worker’s Compensation and Early Return to Work Program.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three (3) years of experience managing EHS initiatives
• Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable
• Ability to utilize business sense and creativity to develop new ideas, approaches and solutions
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
• Ability to utilize and train employees on technology, processes and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to communicate difficult issues
• Experience in managing/handling compliance issues, permitting for all media, OSHA/EPA programs, regulatory reviews, permit preparation, reporting and record keeping.
• Experience in evaluating/interpreting OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations and NFPA, ANSI, ASTM, ASME, BOMA and BOCA standards.
• Experience with Federal, State and local Worker’s Compensation law
• Prior experience establishing proactive Ergonomics Program
• Experience using Microsoft Office, including the ability to create basic reports, documents, presentations and spreadsheets in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint
• Ability to be on-call 24/7 and work weekends
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• BS degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering or other science field
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
• Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and packaging industrial experience
• Lean manufacturing experience
• Professional Engineer (PE), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.