Care Transitions Coordinator
October 14, 2020
Submission for the position: Care Transitions Coordinator - (Job Number: 20009777)
Care Transitions Coordinator
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we’re caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
Home health and hospice is an ever-evolving environment where you reap the rewards of your commitment on a team that inspires you to go big and deliver beyond expectations.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
The Care Transitions Coordinator is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to home care or hospice environment. The position has two separate and distinct general responsibilities: (1) following the receipt of a valid referral for home health or hospice services, directly communicating with and assessing the patient to improve the patient’s transition from the inpatient to the home setting; and (2) developing the referral relationships of the agency within the community, in accordance with Amedisys policies and procedures.
• After a patient has selected Amedisys as his or her health care provider, the Care Transitions Coordinator visits the patient onsite to review the physician order, assess the patient’s clinical needs and gather clinical information.
• The Care Transitions Coordinator uses a Point of Service computer application to collect referred patient data onsite and transmit it to the agency. The Care Transitions Coordinator also facilitates patient involvement in his or her own care by providing education and obtaining the necessary information required for successful transition to home.
• The Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring the patient has a physician and obtains an order from that physician to oversee the home health plan of care.
• Face to Face documentation must also be noted in Point of Service computer and communicated to appropriate care center.
• The Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with facility-based referral sources, in accordance with Company policies and procedures, by both communicating with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities.
• The Care Transitions Coordinator has a strong focus to help reduce ACH 30 day -hospitalizations.
• Must meet one of the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with one (1 ) year experience in sales.
• One (1 ) year successful sales experience within the healthcare industry.
• Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse license in the state of service. MSW, LCSW, PT, PTA, OT, OTA, SLP, and PA are considered in some cases.
• Experience in Home Health or healthcare business development.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
• Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
• Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
• Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
• Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Continuing Education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
Schedule: Full-time Location(s): United States-Kentucky-Owensboro