Lead Clerk/ Cashier
October 15, 2020
Lead Clerk/ Cashier
Owensboro, KY 42301
$9 an hour
Responded to 51-74% of applications in the past 30 days, typically within 4 days.
1. Operate cash register.
2. Determine if donated items are of appropriate quality and value for store sales, price & date as
3. Maintain a clean and orderly store appearance.
4. Assist customers with purchase and loading of merchandise.
5. Prepare merchandise displays to facilitate sales, stock and pull merchandise.
6. Assist in training of new store personnel and clients.
7. Cover for employee’s lunches and breaks.
8. Perform “open” and “closing” procedures, (including deposits and sales reports).
9. Supervise store personnel in absence of store manager and assistant manager.
10. Physically able to lift 40 pounds and able to tolerate standing for long periods.
11. Must be present and prompt daily.
12. Must be flexible and able to fill in at other store locations, as needed.
1. Performance of other duties on behalf of the Agency as assigned by the Store Manager.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
1. High school diploma or equivalent, or two years applicable job experience.
2. Knowledge of basic math and cash register operation.
3. Must be honest and trustworthy; have neat and clean appearance.
4. Ability to supervise and motivate personnel and clients.
5. Retail sales experience; ability to meet and deal with the public effectively.
6. Must be available for scheduling Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday
12:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
7. Provide police background report.
8. Submit to pre-employment and random drug screens.
9. Courteous and tactful written and oral communication skills.
10. Remain loyal to company and its policies.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Night shift
• One location