October 14, 2020
Owensboro, KY 42302
Read what people are saying about working here.
• Personal safety of all production personnel, ensuring that all employees follow EHS protocols.
• Operate facilities in compliance with all environmental permits, environmental management systems and defined standards.
• Ensure and maintain employee productivity, morale, and empowerment.
• Meet production plans for overall production as well as detailed schedules for specific grades.
• Disciplined operation of all equipment and processes consistent with standard operating procedures and standard operating conditions
• Champions and leads lean strategies and processes
• Manage the process for control and variability reduction to achieve consistent product quality relative to specifications and targeted customer requirements
• Lead continuous improvement in all aspects of production results - clear assessment and communication of prioritized opportunities for improvement in safety, environmental performance, cost reduction, capacity development, reliability and quality.
• Active involvement of all production personnel in the performance, control and improvement in the manufacturing process
• Training, development, assessment and coaching of employees. Ensure some validated method of assuring operators and supervisors are qualified and achieve an acceptable level of competence.
• Creation of an environment in the production unit of trust, fairness, respect, effective two-way communication and accountability for results.
• Determines personnel, equipment, and production requirements to ensure capacity needed to achieve ongoing customer requirements and corporate growth objectives.
• Work effectively with other functions such as planning and scheduling, shipping, procurement, maintenance, engineering, human resources and others to optimize production operations.
• Develop and use Key Performance Indicators for production to measure, assess and communicate manufacturing performance.
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering from an accredited university preferred.
Three to five years of industrial manufacturing experience directly supervising people
Professional experience :
Experience in polymer extrusion, web handling or extraction processes highly desired
Experience with unions desired
Experience with ISO 9001 and 14001 valued
Use of continuous improvement tools such as six sigma, lean manufacturing, and change management
Teamwork, leading teams, facilitating teams, and building teamwork in the organization
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization - written, verbal, and presentation
Excellent attention to detail in a manufacturing environment. Troubleshooting skills, Data analysis, goal setting, coaching, decision making, and ability to lead and sustain change.