Assistant Manager Retail. Full Time!!! Weekly Pay
October 14, 2020
Assistant Manager Retail. Full Time!!! Weekly Pay!!!
Owensboro, KY 42303
$11 an hour
Responded to 51-74% of applications in the past 30 days, typically within 4 days.
Change Lives Through The Power of Work!!! By working with Goodwill you are making it possible for those with barriers to employment receive assistance in finding fulfillment by work.
We are looking for excited and energetic individuals to join our team. We have immediate openings and we pay weekly!
The Mission of Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc., a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is to provide quality vocational and developmental opportunities to people who are disabled and/or disadvantaged in order to enhance their ability to achieve full participation in society.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. is currently seeking candidates to fill Store Clerk, Store Processor, and Collection Door Attendants at all locations.
These positions are 29 hours per week at $7.25 per hour and must be available for scheduling during store hours. This position could include but are not limited to:
1. Operate cash register as needed.
2. Determine if donated items are of appropriate quality and value for store sales, price & date as needed.
3. Maintain a clean and orderly store appearance.
4. Assist customers with purchase and loading of merchandise.
5. Prepare merchandise displays to facilitate sales, stock and pull merchandise.
6. Assist in training sales techniques to new store personnel and clients.
7. Cover for employee’s lunches and breaks.
8. Perform “open” and “closing” procedures, (including deposits and sales reports).
9. Physically able to lift 40 pounds and able to tolerate standing for long periods.
10. Must be present and prompt daily.
11. Must be flexible and able to fill in at other store locations, as needed.
In the absence of the store manager:
1. Schedule and supervise store personnel.
2. Oversee processing area and be able to operate all equipment and perform all procedures.
3. Maintain sales records; maintain records of operating supplies and equipment; act to secure replacements as
4. Attend sales meetings.
5. Assure store coverage including filing in for emergency vacancies, as needed.
1. Performance of other duties on behalf of the Agency as assigned by the store manager.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Experience may be accepted in lieu of degree;
2. Knowledge of basic math and cash register operation.
3. Must be honest & trustworthy; a mature person with good character & sense of responsibility; have neat and clean
4. Ability to supervise and motivate personnel and clients.
5. Retail sales experience; have imagination & creativity to prepare merchandise displays; be able to meet and deal
with public effectively.
6. Must be available for scheduling Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:30
p.m. and be accessible by phone.
7. Must have appropriate, valid license, and insurance to drive agency equipment and vehicles.
8. Provide police background report.
9. Submit to pre-employment and random drug screens.
10. Courteous and tactful written and oral communication skills.
11. Remain loyal to company and its policies.
Store hours: Monday – Saturday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm; Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
It is the employer’s policy that equal employment opportunities be available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, participation in military service, disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Employee discount
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• One location
• Every week
• Store Manager
Employees working per shift:
• 5 or fewer
• Waiting period may apply