October 13, 2020
Fordsville Nursing and Rehabilitation
Fordsville, KY 42343
Ensures proper dosage and distribution of medication in accordance with State regulations, takes vital signs, responds to emergencies, records information in a resident's medical record, assists in management of the medical record as needed, and any other assigned duties to support the medical department as they have certification or documented training on.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
• Maintains adequate stock of drugs, ensures that storage of drugs is in compliance with prescribed conditions of temperature and humidity, and verifies that all drugs are labeled properly.
• Prepares medication for residents.
• Distributes medication and instructs residents in proper application / consumption of medications per the directions of the physician.
• Records each distribution of medication in resident's medical file.
• Takes vital signs and records on the appropriate document.
• Can be responsible for documenting, faxing, following up, and providing documentation required for all authorizations for each entity requiring prior authorization for any and all medical care.
• Perform glucose testing by glucometer as directed.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or equivalent and Medication Aide Certificate required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
313 W Main St, Fordsville, KY 42343, USA