October 10, 2020
Priceless IGA/Houchens IGA
Priceless IGA/Houchens IGA
Read what people are saying about working here.
$42,000 - $50,000 a year
• Experience: • produce supervisor, 2 years (Preferred)
• produce, 5 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Come grow with us! We are North America's largest ESOP. We have a position for Produce Supervisor that will cover our North Central Kentucky(Louisville, Owensboro, Leitchfield, Hardinsburg, Hodgenville), Priceless IGA and Hometown IGA stores. Compensation based on experience. Compensation based on experience. Package also includes Company car, Gas card, Cell Phone, Laptop.
Produce Supervision Mission Statement: Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the successful operation of the produce department in multi facet retail formats. The produce supervisor is responsible for achieving satisfactory sales and profit goals. To incorporate and execute the mission statement into our produce operation, we have outlined those components: *
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Communicate with all stakeholders’ information pertinent information of the company standards in relation to day to day information as it applies to their operation.
• Weekly Agenda— the specialist will be responsible for communicating their weekly itinerary for the upcoming week to the director of their department. This will be listed by store and include the purpose for the visit.
• Quarterly meetings with district manager, store manager, department manager and store staff to review YTD performance goals and upcoming seasonal changes.
• The specialists are responsible to communicate any product quality issues (from our suppliers) to the department director.
• Operational issues, personnel issues, should be discussed with the store manager and the district manager.
• Promotional opportunities and merchandising opportunities should be communicated to the department manager and store manager by the produce supervisor.
• The specialist will be expected to schedule one day per quarter to visit stores with each district manager in their territory.
• At the beginning of the store visit the specialist should introduce them self to the store manager and briefly explain the purpose of the visit. The specialist should then walk the department with the store manager and discuss any opportunities.
• Insure store management and department employees follow through with established programs such as sanitation, processing, pricing, display merchandising, weights, measurements, tares, scanning, receiving, record keeping, refrigeration, inventory and customer service.
• Sharing and reviewing measured performance of sales, shrink, distribution, gross profit and labor with store management and department manager.
• Before leaving the store the specialist will be responsible for completing the “Store Audit”; this audit will be used to document their store visit and to identify areas that need to be addressed.
• The specialist should make a brief walk through of the store to assess the overall store condition (is the store ready for business?).
• The specialist should walk the department with the department manager and the store manager (or P.I.C.), and discuss the store audit (covering areas of concern until the next visit).
• A copy of the “store audit” should be left at store level, a copy sent to the director, and a copy kept by the specialist.
• Upon leaving the store the specialist should call the district manager and briefly communicate the results of the visit.
• Develop, support motivate and direct department employees in a manner to achieve maximum sales, profits within the operational budget.
• Direct and coordinate activities of the produce department with production, pricing, plan o grams, sales, gross profits and distribution.
• Assist in establishing and implementing departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures.
• Assist store management with staffing, recruiting, hiring, interviewing and training. As well as recommendations regarding demoting and terminating when necessary.
• Support of advertising plans, sales planner, promotions, allocations and display plans.
• Constantly measure and evaluate data analytics in taking corrective actions when needed.
• Competition checks
• Review and interpret financial statements, sales and activity reports. Along with data performance to measure productivity and goal achievement to determine areas needing program improvement.
• Continued development of the of our store personnel which includes store management and department personnel.
• Developing and mentoring department mangers and staff in growing their skill levels.
• Direct and implement customer service programs.
• Direct and implement skill level programs such as Pro Flow program, inventory levels, category managements, signage, CTO,movement reports and problem solving.
• Must be proficient in basic of operational standards such as freshness, rotation, inventory level (orders), backroom conditions.
Job Requirements and Duties
• Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
• Experience in retail grocery setting.
• Unassisted lifting of objects in excess of 50pounds.
• Overnight stay during the work week may be required.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business, regular on-site attendance is required
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a high attention to detail.
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Moving, lifting, and bending constitute a major part of your daily activities.
• Physical and mental dexterity to work all duties of the job.
• Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
• Any other job related tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee discount
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
• 10 hour shift
• produce supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)
• produce: 5 years (Preferred)
• Multiple locations
• On the road