October 10, 2020
Birth Tissue Donor Services
• Experience: • relevant, 1 year (Preferred)
• Education: • High school or equivalent (Required)
Full Job Description
Birth Tissue Donor Services honors a mother’s decision to donate birth tissue in support of the need for transplantable human tissue. The generosity of these donors enables breakthrough medical applications that restore vision and heal burns or surgical wounds for countless others.
BTDS strives to be the preferred choice partner for placenta donation and to provide exceptional service to our hospitals, physicians, and expectant parents. We are looking for ambitious team members who have a strong work ethic, integrity, and a shared passion for our mission.
We are currently seeking one full-time Office/Recovery Coordinator to join our team in the Spartanburg, SC area. This is a hybrid position with dual roles.
An Office Coordinator is responsible for a range of administrative tasks with a focus on supply management and assisting with tissue recovery-related duties. A Recovery Coordinator performs all assigned tasks related to the birth tissue acquisition process and is responsible for servicing the assigned BTDS hospital(s) per the labor and delivery schedule.
BTDS follows all hospital policies, regulations, and procedures as well as aseptic technique and OR protocols. Professionalism and a positive attitude are a must while representing BTDS.
Duties Include :
• Providing field support to include but not limited to: preparation of BTDS portfolio/donor registration packets, kit prep, expo/marketing opportunities, onboarding/training file preparation, donor ID logs, supply logs, promotional supplies, etc.
• Assisting with audits and training/annual competency preparation such as copies, agenda and documentation, etc.
• Handling incoming/outgoing shipments (FIFO supply log), phone calls, and visitors
• Alerting appropriate BTDS staff immediately if unscheduled auditors/investigators arrive
• Office maintenance and cleaning
• Completing informed consent, donor screening and acceptability with potential donors
• Acquiring birth tissue
• Coordinating transportation of acquired tissues, blood samples and/or cultures to assigned destinations
• Completing donor chart documentation thoroughly and accurately
• Assisting local BTDS leadership in supply preparation and case activity
Minimum Qualifications :
• High school diploma or GED
• Valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Basic understanding of medical terminology or experience desired
• One year of surgical experience and/or donor screening/tissue bank experience desired
Preferred Qualifications :
• Associate degree or successful completion of a health care technical or professional program (Allied Health, EMT, Nursing, CST/ST, or Hospital Corpsman)
• Previous experience in tissue banking, medical device, or related industry
• Administrative/office management experience and basic computer skills
Job Type : Full-time
Pay : Compensation is an hourly wage + case pay. Details discussed at interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per month
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
• High school or equivalent (Required)
• Multiple locations
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
• Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
• Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible