October 9, 2020
Owensboro Convention Center & Sportscenter
Owensboro, KY 42301
$8 - $12 an hour - Part-time
Title: Guest Services
Reports to: HR Coordinator
Status: Part-Time, Hourly
Entity: Owensboro Convention Center & Sportscenter
Our guests are important individuals and should be treated with extraordinary courtesy, respect and service. The Guest Services Team is to assist guests who are in need of information or services. Guests become unhappy when we fail to meet their expectations. Our Guest Services Team plays a key role in providing our guests with superior service.
Always remember that our guests are our most important concern. They should never be thought of as an interruption; they are our livelihood.
• Must be at least 18 years of age for all positions
• Experience in customer service
• Ability to manage high stress fast-paced environment
• Able to work a variety of events including exhibit shows, concerts, conferences, conventions, meetings and banquets
• Must have a pleasant and outgoing personality
• Must be friendly, courteous and polite with a positive upbeat attitude
J* ob Functions: *
• Be familiar with ticketing, venue layout, procedures and building policies
• Able to handle large groups of guests
• Able to interact with other staff in a positive and productive manner
• Maintain control of your assigned sections or area.
• Anticipate and correct any trouble situations in your area
• Know general building information and locations of various amenities
• Ensure areas are safe for patrons and staff.
• Provide exceptional customer service to all patrons
• Perform other duties as assigned
Intellectual/Social/Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social/physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly stands and/or moves about/around the facility to observe, report and provide superior service; constantly communicates with others to exchange accurate information and provide customer service.
• The essential functions of this position are usually performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud to during events and minimal during non-events.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $8.00 - $12.00 per hour
• Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
• Morning (Preferred)
• Mid-Day (Preferred)
• Evening (Preferred)