Operations Support - KY
October 7, 2020
Operations Support - Owensboro, KY
Owensboro, KY 42301
Read what people are saying about working here.
Date: October 6, 2020
Job Status: Non-Exempt; Full Time
Position Title: Operations Support
Supervision Received: This position reports directly to the VP, Senior Operations Officer
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibility
Job Summary : The Operations Float personnel must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, have attention to detail and be dependable. They will facilitate cross-training in all areas of Operations to assist in the segregation of duties and departmental deadlines. Assistant with operational projects and audit deliverables. Provide ongoing evaluation of processes and procedures in written documentation.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with member of the Operation’s Team.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
• Coordinate the operations of back office support functions associated.
• Review operational functions and communicate operational efficiencies ongoing.
• Identify operational deficiencies and growth opportunities to gain efficiencies.
• Provide timely and accurate Audit responses as requested.
• Expected to be able to perform all the tasks that are performed by the employees in the Operations Department
• Maintain consistent, in-depth knowledge of Bank products and services, policies and procedures, operations and general banking regulations.
• Maintain daily production levels to meet goals set by Operations management
• Facilitate training of staff on changes, revisions and updates to processes and procedures
• Support Business and Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery.
• Participate in validation and testing of new and upgraded system functionality, workflows and application of these functionalities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• Must have thorough of procedures and practices in the all areas of Operations.
• Proficient in areas such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
• Must have excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Must have ability to make critical thinking, judgment and decisions while following company policy and procedures.
• Complex problem solving skills
• Must be able to gather and analyze data and information
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude
• Must have leadership ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decision to achieve desired results.
• Must have strong mathematical skills
• Must be self-motivated
• Must be able to handle large workload while meeting deadlines; time management skills
• Ability to work with little to no supervision on assignments, determine when to act independently and when to refer situations to management
• Ability to provide coaching and development with guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Ability to work and relate to management, subordinates, coworkers and customers in a professional manner
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
• At least 3-5 years of banking required
• Loan and/or Deposit operations experience is preferred
Physical Requirements of Essential Job Functions:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand or bend, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. Minimal physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighting up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines.
Indoor, environmentally controlled. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
**This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties required by his or her supervisor. Therefore, the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status .