Quality / Continuous Improvement Manager
October 8, 2020
Quality / Continuous Improvement Manager
Job Locations US-KY-Owensboro
Posted Date 7 hours ago (10/8/2020 12:59 PM)
# of Openings 1 Category Quality Assurance Type Regular Full-Time
Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world’s largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth – recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company’s vision is to become one of the industry’s most desired places to be. The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com .
• Total Quality Management : Responsible for implementing and instituting HACCP initiatives
• Regulatory and Legal Compliance: Ensuring all Regulatory and Legal quality compliance documents are prepared, submitted, and maintained accurately.
• Safety Program: Lead a culture of prevention, support established safety programs and training; and communicate/mentor safety standards throughout the organization.
• Auditing Project: Develop and implement auditing to measure and track the Quality performance of the facility.
• Continuous Improvement Initiatives: Lead the Continuous Improvement efforts at facility.
• Supplier Specifications: Work in partnership with the Purchasing and Procurement teams to ensure comprehensive adherence to Supplier Specifications, to prevent Supplier issues from affecting facility operations, such as case coding issues, material imperfections, contamination, etc.
• Outcome and Processes Project: Provide support in documenting facility processes; lead the reduction of waste, improvements in quality and cost savings strategies.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
• Supervisory Experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• ISO/HACCP implementation/management experience
• Solid computer skills
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• APICS Certification or Six Sigma Certification
• Experience designing and/or implementing OSHA, HACCP, USDA programs
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Sazerac and its affiliates engage in personnel decisions and administer our personnel policies without regard to race, religion or creed, color, sex or gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We affirm in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS