Retail Operations Support - KY
September 11, 2020
Retail Operations Support - Owensboro, KY
Owensboro, KY 42301
Read what people are saying about working here.
Date: September 9, 2020
Job Status : Non-Exempt Full Time
Position Title : Retail Operations Support
Supervision Received : Position reports to the Operations Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Summary : Retail Support personnel must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, have attention to detail, and be dependable. Retail Support personnel acts as a subject matter expert for location staff and provides leadership to improve operational performance. They serve as a contact for inquiries, issues and problems concerning retail and operational policy and procedures. They should have a solid understanding of frontline processes.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with location employees.
• Act as a liaison between the retail locations and support areas of the Bank in order to ensure a strong alignment of goals and objectives. Serve as the main point of contact for locations to assist with operational inquiries, interpreting policies and procedures, compliance review, and timely resolution of system issues.
• Develops and maintains a strong understanding of the Bank’s retail strategies and objectives, products and services, business processes and infrastructure to identify and manage risk exposure.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for operational and compliance requirements for location personnel, including conducting training and developing procedures.
• Provided ongoing evaluation of processes and procedures and recommends and/or implements improvements for efficiency.
• Research and respond to inquiries and requests via phone and email from the locations in a timely and professional manner.
• Perform daily operational tasks assigned to retail support, ensuring adherence with established Bank policy and procedure and banking regulations by specified deadlines.
• Perform account opening and maintenance requests as ended.
• Assist with the development and update of procedures, forms and training materials for the frontline retail group at locations.
• Identify operational deficiencies and training opportunities by tracking inquiries and escalations. Assist with developing and implementing process improvements.
• Maintain consistent, in-depth knowledge of Bank products and services, policies and procedures, operations, systems and general banking regulations.
• Participate in validation and testing of new and upgraded system functionality, workflows, and forms prior to implementation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Knowledge Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra and their applications.
• Technical Skills — Must have good technical skills to include MS Office and other systems utilized through retails areas. Knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications.
• Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
• Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Time management skills
• Good listening and communication (speaking and writing) skills
• Reading comprehension
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Complex Problem solving & judgment skills
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two (2) or more years’ experience in a financial service environment or equivalent; with strong knowledge of general banking practices, regulatory compliance, and financial procedures and services.
Physical Requirements of Essential Job Functions:
Requires sitting for long periods of time; Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls; Requires repetitive movement; Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams; Requires writing letters and memos; Requires use of electronic mail; Requires telephone conversations; Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), Includes conflict situations; Requires use of multiple software systems; Requires lifting up to 20 lbs.; Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over; Requires being exact or highly accurate; Requires meeting strict deadlines; Requires work with others in a group or team.
**This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties required by his or her supervisor. Therefore, the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status