Maintenance Supervisor, Hot Mill
September 11, 2020
Maintenance Supervisor, Hot Mill
Function Operations Relocation Available No Position Type Full Time
Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a leading manufacturer of Aluminum rolled products for the Automotive, Commercial, and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Beachwood, Ohio, the company operates its production facility in Lewisport, KY with the support of an Automotive Innovation Center for R&D and Field Service in Madison Heights (DET), MI.
Our production facility is seeking to add a talented Maintenance Supervisor to our Lewisport Hot Mill team.The purpose of this role is to analyze, recommend improvements, efficiently organize and manage the direction of maintenance area work teams and processes for the achievement of both short-term and long-term objectives in safety and compliance, equipment reliability, product quality and cost reduction. This position will monitor and keep production running with the task of maximizing productivity and quality; engage the team to drive a continuous improvement culture by utilizing the Aleris Operating System (AOS) to eliminate waste, overburden and variability in manufacturing processes; act as a role model for safety by demonstrating behaviors that align with the Aleris safety principles and hold the team accountable for results; and provides leadership, direction, coaching and development to motivate and sustain high levels of employee performance.
Health, Safety & Environmental
• Leverage the Aleris Safety System and Safety Principles to create a zero injury culture.
• Support the implementation of processes (safety observations, pre-job minis, housekeeping audits, safety work orders, safety scorecard, etc.) that reveal safety hazards, and develop sustainable corrective actions.
• Conduct daily safety crew briefings.
• Ensure that company policies and procedures are being executed by his/her team in order to ensure compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations (zero EPA non-compliances).
• Ensure the team is being retrained on the relevant safety procedures in accordance with the HSE Department’s schedule.
• Investigate and document safety related incidents in the assigned area.
• Ensure that the daily production goals for throughput, quality, target date and cost are being supported by his or her team.
• Ensure that a safe job execution has priority over a quick job execution.
• Ensure maximum uptime performance of all production centers in the assigned area of accountability through efficient use of available resources and according to production planning priorities.
• Maintain awareness of all equipment issues in your assigned area. Develop plans and repair this equipment with a high sense of urgency.
• Participate in and conduct Safety and Production Meetings.
• Ensure communication across shifts occurs regarding equipment concerns, overtime, manning, status of work assignments or any other item that may impact production.
• Communicate and work closely with your Superintendent as well as Production regarding the status of equipment issues.
• Ensure deviations from the standard process are effectively communicated to the relevant people/functions.
• Conduct layered process audits (LPAs) to improve quality, reduce scrap and rework and reduced internal and external customer rejections.
• Ensure all preventive maintenance (PMs), work orders and other assigned tasks delegated, documented and completed on time.
• Drive consistent PED Steps for all outage, rebuild and repair events.
• Engage with his/her team to develop and implement standard work.
• Engage his/her team to drive a continuous improvement culture by utilizing AOS to eliminate waste, overburden and variability in manufacturing processes.
• Participate in productivity, safety and quality improvement projects through process adherence and the use of RCFA methodology.
• Support developing solutions for cost reduction and yield improvement.
• Implement the Reliability Roadmap objectives in your assigned area.
Management and Leadership
• Inspire employees to perform at high levels.
• Set and communicate clear performance standards and hold direct reports accountable for results.
• Conduct performance appraisals and maintain performance metrics to monitor employee results; identify and initiate improvements for development and/or training.
• Provide on-going coaching, feedback and development to increase employee performance and production.
• Communicate effectively with direct reports and resolve conflicts within and between individual team members.
• Ensure employees are paid accurately and held accountable for time missed by tracking attendance and entering data in the timekeeping system.
• Ensure all vacancies are filled by managing and scheduling employees for overtime as needed.
• Adhere to all applicable rules in the Labor Agreement.
• High school diploma / GED required. Vocational technical degree or completion of an apprentice program is preferred.
• At least 5+ years related work experience with leadership responsibility.
• Is technically competent and capable of backfilling team members.
• Has the ability to understand the manufacturing process and technical knowledge to ensure product quality and flow.
• Has the ability to understand how activities impact cash conversion, EBITDA and other key financial metrics.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety policies and procedures, HR policies, standard work documents, maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, charts etc.
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and most closely aligned with requirements of the position.
APPLY NOW Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Join Our Talent Network
Not ready to apply? Connect with us to join our Talent Network and stay connected!
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS