Human Resources Generalist/Employee Relations
September 11, 2020
• Human Resources
• Owensboro, KY, USA
• Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k plus more
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
OUR COMPANY: INDIANA PACKERS CORPORATION
Indiana Packers Corporation (IPC) is a fully integrated retail, food service and private label producer of fresh and processed meats company. IPC is majority owned, by Mitsubishi Corporation, Japan's largest trading company with more than 60,000 team members. As a company, we are growing; in the past five years, we've grown by more than 50% to almost 3,000 team members with 4 primary processing facilities and field personnel in 11 states. We've done this through a series of acquisitions and "green field" startups.
The Specialty Food Group (SFG) division of Indiana Packers, located in Owensboro, KY, has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Generalist . SFG is the home of the ORIGINAL KENTUCKY LEGEND HAM. Specialty Foods Group (SFG) is a leading producer of premium-branded and private-label processed meat products in the United States. Our diverse products, including hams, turkey, hot dogs, bacon and lunch meats, are beloved by millions of families across the country
THE OPPORTUNITY: HR Generalist/Employee Relations Associate
Reporting to the Director, Employee Relations & Experience, the Employee Relations Associate will work with Operations & HR leadership to execute, and optimize IPC's operations, maintenance, and livestock (non-staff roles) employee relations strategy & tactics, supporting approximately 2,000 hourly & salaried team members. In addition, the ERA will function as an integral part of IPC's larger "people" organization, a team of more than sixty human resource, safety, first aid & health services professionals, contributing to the larger organization's overall people strategy, initiatives, and tactics.
The successful applicant must have a palpable passion for taking on big opportunities and tackling vexing challenges. Hands-on experience in business & HR operational improvement initiatives is a requisite for the role. In the past 10 months, we've completed a significant HCM transformational project. We've also developed truly differentiating workforce analytical capabilities. The Generalist will leverage these tools to make better fact-based decisions using real-time data.
The ERA will work effectively with a truly diverse group of stakeholders. From facilitating a meeting of operations leaders on a critical business issue to assisting a team member with accessing their pay statement via self-service to taking part in an ad hoc brainstorming session about a process or technology glitch to taking a leadership role on a broader, enterprise initiative, the ERA is effective at managing multiple stakeholder groups & priorities. With a penchant for finding impactful "win/win" solutions, the successful applicant is able to lead others by facilitating focus & consensus.
What Will YOU Be Doing?
• Partner with Operations and HR leadership to make Indiana Packers Corporation's (SFG) Owensboro, KY facility a truly great place to work and an employer of choice in the region. Work to define employee relations strategies and tactics that will improve overall team member experience, development, and retention. Work with stakeholders to architect and implement business work systems and practices, maximizing team member engagement and retention.
• Leverage data to make both short- and longer-term strategic & tactical decisions. Demonstrate capabilities with respect to technologies (HCM, analytics, etc.) and process optimization. Able to integrate objective data, anecdotal observations, and prior experience into coherent, compelling recommendations to improve the organization's ability to attract, develop, engage, and retain talent.
• Adjudicate more common ER issues, partnering with other HR, Compliance, and Operations leaders to ensure compliance with state and federal laws/regulations and IPC policies & procedures and the best possible outcomes for all stakeholders. Grasp complexities and perceived relationships among problems or issues and communicate trends to both the business & HR leaders.
• Partner with peers on the Employee Relations Team (On-boarding, Training, & Labor Relations) within SFG. Partner with HR team members. Provide coaching and counsel to team leaders and other key stakeholders. Manage multiple priorities, ensuring that work is done right the first time and every time.
• Work with the Director of Human Resources,corporate compliance officer, corporate security manager, legal, and other appropriate functional areas that conduct investigations and propose resolution to employee complaints, concerns. Establish & ensure that protocols are in place for efficient, effective management of these issues. Work with legal & other stakeholders to respond to charges stemming from perceived employment law infractions.
What Else is Important to be successful in the role ?
• Most effective candidates help the business understand the peoples' needs and the people understand the business' needs. Ability to understand and translate business strategy into relevant, value added HR actions/ initiatives.
• Provide advice and counsel to management and employees on employee relations programs and policies. Monitor case flow and volume to ensure customer expectations are met. Escalate issues from team members as required. Ability to
• Provide subject matter expertise to peers and other stakeholders. Interact with other managers/groups to manage issues and find innovative solutions to recurring issues.
• Manages and monitors metrics and reporting. Benchmarks internal and external best practices.
• Acts as a trusted advisor on important ER decisions. Able to work as a peer & partner. Seeks to influence based on credibility of argument & quality of data. Is able to take divergent or contradictory views, objectively evaluating alternatives vs. opportunities.
• Anticipates, identifies and meets internal and external customer needs/expectations.
• Ability to execute while balancing risk with business objectives. Ability to identify and manage risk, engaging with key stakeholders as required.
What are the Requirements of the role?
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Employee Relations or related field or comparable experience gleaned as a practitioner. MBA or Master's degree in HR is ideal.
• Have at least 3-5 years of full-time HR experience.
• Prior experience in a large (100+ team member) operation is highly desired, as is multi-plant experience.
• Credentialed or eligible to be credentialed as a by SHRM or HRCI. Solid knowledge of federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations.
• Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish is highly preferred. Exceptional verbal & written interpersonal & communications skills. Able to develop & present compelling business-based presentations.
• Must be self-directed and able to handle large, concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
• Must demonstrate flexibility and have experience working across functional areas and with different types of organizations including vendors, consultants, providers, clients, etc.
EOE, including Disability/Veteran
Indiana Packers Corporation https://indianapackerscorp.applicantpool.com