Maintenance Manager - TGD
September 9, 2020
Maintenance Manager - TGD
Job Locations US-KY-Owensboro
Posted Date 1 day ago (9/9/2020 6:22 PM)
# of Openings 1 Category Manufacturing/Production/Warehouse Type Regular Full-Time
Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram’s V.O., Myers’s, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We’re proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville headquarters has been named one of the “Best Places to Work in Kentucky” four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of “world’s most award-winning distillery” through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world’s largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth – recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry.
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company’s vision is to become one of the industry’s most desired places to be . The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, Innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com
Priorities of the position include (not are not limited to):
• Ensure the plant operations achieve highest efficiency, meet all departmental goals and KPI’s. Work with all department heads by assisting them with key identified operational issues that improve customer service, quality, safety, and cost controls.Successfully complete key assignments provided by the Plant Engineer in each departmental area to improve efficiencies. Lead efforts working with staff to ensure timelines are met & obstacles are eliminated prior proceeding.Provide leadership in identifying creative methods to resolve issues.Complete training for supervisors to improve leadership, technical skills & improve employee relations
• Drive continuous quality improvement efforts within all departments.Partner with QA to set high quality standards for all departments. Assist in testing QA procedures in all departments and evaluate current methods to see if the plant is in compliance. Be a leader in your department stressing the adherence to all QA policies with your supervisors. Enforce GMP’s and help lead the writing of SOP documentation in all departments. Develop vendor partnerships so you are capable of sharing improvement ideas with them regularly. Seek out changes in processes to improve quality in all products by working with all department heads
• : Meet and exceed customer expectations through management of the Plant Maintenance department to achieve 95% operational uptime. Successfully support the product to the customer that meets quality standards and is delivered on time and within budget. Manage the stock room to ensure all parts are available to maintain uptime. Ensure all downtime is logged and checked for accuracy and develop solutions to reduce downtime based on supervisory input and data
• Support the safety program through ongoing preventive maintenance systems. Address safety related concerns quickly to eliminate hazards and reduce injuries. Lead the plant safety efforts in partnership with other departments. Ensure maintenance employees and all contractors adhere to all safety rules. Ensure all maintenance employees participate in required and recommended safety training programs as required. Ensures adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality, and Environmental Practices.
• Support the plant operations at Glenmore Distillery in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensure all employees are treated fairly and with respect. Create a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Create an environment that supports productive employee relations while maintaining compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
• Develop, oversee and supervise assigned projects and new installations as required. Create design plans and specifications for all documents/ contracts for new projects. Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime. Anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner while identify opportunities for improvement. Assist with the development, negotiation and management of contractor and consulting contracts, coordinating and scheduling work. Write, review and approve purchase orders. Write and cost justify CAR’s as assigned
• Consult with operations team on cost savings projects applying expertise to recommend new methodologies and equipment to ensure production efficiency, maximize output and prevent downtime. Manage departmental budget to ensure efficient and effective spend monthly and within budget. Assist with capital planning and strategic planning for the plant
• Conduct performance discussions with Plant Maintenance Supervisors to improve skills and performance of all employees in the Plant Maintenance department. Evaluate, train and develop Plant Maintenance department employees. Creates and develops a personal development plan with the Plant Engineer to improve a skill/competency leading to improved performance. Remain knowledgeable with new technology by attending trade shows, other plants and technical journals
• Develop knowledge of contract regulations. Support team reinforcing adherence. Maintain a smooth working relationship between company and employees. Assist with contract negotiations when required. Through personal example and direct management, create an environment that supports self-directed work teams and productive employee relations while maintaining adherence to the collective bargaining agreement
Leader to keep a safe environment including and not limited to drive and keep teams accountability for organization, routine cleaning activities and 5S initiatives. Schedule and execute as required facilities audits in order to keep adequate conditions of all areas
MUST • Engineering or related degree
• 5-10 years relevant experience
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office Products (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
PREFERRED • Organizational Development experience
• Budgeting, planning and/or financial analysis experience.
• Experience managing in a union environment
• 3 years hands on electrical experience, Allen Bradley PLC programming and hardware experience, equipment trouble shooting experience
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Sazerac and its affiliates engage in personnel decisions and administer our personnel policies without regard to race, religion or creed, color, sex or gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We affirm in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS