September 10, 2020
For more than 75 years, Grifols has worked to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are a global healthcare company that produces essential plasma-derived medicines for patients and provides hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information and services they need to deliver expert medical care.
Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, Grifols has over 20.000 employees in 30 countries. Grifols three main divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic and Hospital - develop, manufacture and market innovative products and services available in more than 100 countries.
A leader in transfusion medicine, the Diagnostic Division is a global business focused on providing innovative solutions to help ensure the safety of the blood and plasma supply, detect human diseases and monitor therapies. The division advances patient care with diagnostic solutions to improve disease detection and management, and simplify laboratory operations.
This position is responsible for processing a potential plasma donor from their initial registration at the
Source Plasma Center through various procedures and tests that are part of the screening to determine if
the donor is suitable for plasmapheresis.
1. Greet donors and, as may be needed, answer questions.
2. Determine donor suitability through various screening tests and questions as required by IBBI
procedures and training.
3. Perform moderate complexity testing (total protein, hematocrit, etc.) as required by IBBI procedures,
including the handling of the specimen, the performing of the test, and the analysis and reporting of
4. Perform quality control activities per written procedures.
5. Perform donor checks for other centers.
6. Maintain donor files per IBBI procedures.
7. Perform other duties as may be required/assigned.
High school diploma, or equivalent, required
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Additional education and/or experience as follows is preferred:
Education and/or experience in a medical field, e.g., nurse, medical technologist, etc.
Experience working with the community/public
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : KY-Owensboro : IBOWENSB - Owensboro
Learn more about Grifols