September 9, 2020
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North Americas largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power whats possible?
Location: Hawesville, NC
Shift: Floating (Days, Nights, Weekdays, and Weekends)
The following is a list of specific major duties which are considered to be essential functions of this job. This list is not exhaustive, as all positions within the company are dynamic. This is consistent with our need to be flexible and responsive to the needs of our customers. The team member who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management, irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader, join our team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Moves materials and equipment as required
• Strips and/or rewinds wire or cable from bobbins or reels,
• Re-bands rod coils,
• Helps in lagging and dunnage set-ups,
• Handles scrap to proper location,
• Assists production operators, maintenance or shipping personals on their duties, and
• Performs general housekeeping functions as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Additional technical education or training is preferred.
• Manufacturing or other relatable experience is preferred
• Desire to eventually operate machinery to produce product is required.
• Experience in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.