Merchandising Assistant Project Manager - Traveling
September 6, 2020
3 DAYS AGO
The Traveling Merchandising Assistant Project Manager role is ideal for someone looking to grow with our company. This role is a six-month training program that provides hands-on training while preparing candidates to lead their own team as a Traveling Merchandising Project Manager. No prior retail or project management experience required, just an interest in learning more about the role!
The Traveling Merchandising Assistant Project Manager is responsible for ensuring client needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner by working with the Project Manager. The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for developing and assisting the Deployment team with new processes that improve accountability, visibility, and efficiency. They will also be responsible for personally conducting resets and computer work, as well as managing hourly labor when assigned to do so. The Assistant Project Manager is also responsible for scheduling reset assignments within their assigned districts, reporting the completion of assignments, and ensuring resets are done accurately, completely, and on time.
• Coordinate all field activities within assigned regions with the Project Manager and Vice President of Operations
• Assist the Project Manager and Vice President of Operations in establishing reset schedules and making necessary changes
• Build, maintain, and promote strong working relationships with the management team, as well as clients
• Manage time worked for hourly employees and temporary laborers and record all hours worked in the online time-keeping utility
• Speak with all direct reports before 10AM each workday and at the end of each reset
• Ensure all resets are accurately completed on a daily basis by ensuring all direct report’s work orders and photos are uploaded to the website at the completion of a reset, the sign-off form is complete with a member of store management’s signature, and the form is uploaded to the website immediately after the reset before departure from the store
• Complete weekly reset status reports, which will be sent to the Project Manager no later than every Friday at 6PM, which includes reset status, comments, proposed reschedule dates if applicable, and any reasons why the reset was not completed
• Depending on need, the position may require your assistance in another territory
• Any behaviors that appear to warrant disciplinary action must be brought to the attention of the Project Manager and/or Vice President of Operations, who will work with Human Resources to determine the best course of action
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have valid, personal automobile insurance
• Must meet the minimum qualifications to be able to rent a vehicle
• Ability to build credibility relative to customer relations quickly and professionally
• Ability to quickly understand concepts and apply them to marketing plans provided by internal and external clients
• Positive, self-starter attitude
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer service/sales oriented
• Robust organizational skills
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Capable of reading, analyzing, and interpreting plan-o-grams and written instructions
• Professional appearance, presentation, and grooming
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, or be on your feet for long periods of time. The employee must be able to stand for eight (8) hours. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Assistant Project Manager must be able to travel extensively, up to 95% of the time, depending on the workload in the assigned area. Overnight stays may be required throughout the work week as dictated by business objectives and district boundaries. Hotel accommodations will be booked through the Travel Department and will be double occupancy rooms.
Location/Region: Owensboro, KY (42302)