September 7, 2020
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visitwww.scasurgery.com.
The Owensboro Surgery Center is a free-standing multi-specialty outpatient surgical facility. We have served the Owensboro and surrounding area in western Kentucky and southern Indiana since 1983. Providing high quality, compassionate care to both adult and pediatric patients is our specialty. We collaborate with your surgeon and to assure your plan of care is carried out in a safe and respectful environment. We are deeply committed to our Values of Clinical Quality, Teamwork, Accountability, Integrity, Service Excellence, and Continuous Improvement. Our Teammate Engagement and Physician Satisfaction scores are 93% and 95% respectively.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
• Perform routine clinical tasks:to keep the nurses and physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. The duties of medical assistant shall vary from time to time depending on the surgical specialty and volume of cases.
• Administrative duties includeanswering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients' medical records, scanning medical records, data entry, and assisting scheduling dept as needed.
• Clinical duties:preparing patients for pre op and assisting the nurse and physician during the pre op and post-op stages. All duties will be performed according to state law and scope of practice. Day to day responsibility may include, but not limited to:
• Ensures care to the appropriate patient through proper identification and checking of chart
• Intakes patient's history, performs vitals and reports to RN
• Ensures correct site/side is verified independently and collaboratively with the circulator / surgeon / anesthesiologist.
• Checks rooms for proper inventory of supplies
• Puts away supplies
• Assists in transferring patients
• Assists in turning over rooms
• High School Diploma requires
• Medical Assistant Certification preferred
• 1 year experience in surgery setting preferred
• BLS certification required or completed prior to start date
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates Job LocationUS-KY-Owensboro
TypeFull Time Employee
of Openings1 CategoryOther
Location/Region: Owensboro, KY (42302)