Primary responsibility is the operation of the grain elevator as it pertains to loading, unloading and transferring grain and grain products in an efficient, safe and sanitary manner. Also assists or leads in all other aspects of grain handling, storage, maintaining facilities/equipment and elevator operations.
Reporting and Working Relationships
This position reports directly to the Elevator Manager but has a dotted line to the Asst. Elevator Manager and/or Elevator Superintendent.
• Assists in all areas of the loading, unloading and transferring of grain and grain products for truck, barge, rail (location specific) and inspects barges, trucks and railcars before loading.
• Ability to operate and monitor more advanced grain handling equipment (grain dryer, grain control room, bin sweeps and locomotives) on a routine basis.
• Perform housekeeping and cleaning duties
• Ability to perform and fix more complex maintenance issues. (fabrication, repairs, etc.)
• Know and understand all facets of Bunge’s safety programs and culture, has a strong working knowledge of safety procedures and environmental regulations, demonstrates safe working practices and has the ability to notify operations of safety alarms
• Responsible for properly and accurately recording all applicable documentation Performs grain receiving, weighing and grading duties and helps with unloading/loading trucks, barges and rail
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired
• 2-4 years of experience
• Basic written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a safety conscious environment
• Ability to work in a highly quality controlled environment.
• Skilled in maintenance, equipment operations, safety programs and grain operations
• Ability to lead others and maintain a good working relationship with other facility personnel.
• Welding and light fabrication preferred
• Agricultural experience preferred
Work Hours and Conditions
Harvest Season Hours (60 plus per week)
Non Harvest Season Hours (40-50 per week)
Additional Position Information
• Work under minimal supervision and may assist less experienced peers
• Has a sound understanding of elevator operations.
• Strong working knowledge of safety procedures and demonstrates safe working practices.
• Walking on catwalks at a variety of heights
• Climbing stairs and ladders
• Lifting up to 75 lbs
• Shoveling product
• Entering and working in confined spaces
• Working at heights up to 200 ft. with appropriate safety equipment
• Working outdoors in a broad range of climate conditions
• Working over water
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled