Speech Language Pathologist - Hager Preschool
September 8, 2020
JOB CLASS: 0255
JOB TITLE: SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
Valid Kentucky Teacher Certificate with certification in Speech and Language
REPORTS TO: Special Education Coordinator/Principal
JOB GOAL: Develop, implement and evaluate programs and procedures for speech therapy and assessment; provide speech therapy to eligible individuals.
EXEMPT – The position is exempt from FLSA requirements for time and a half overtime compensation. The employee will not earn time and a half for time worked in excess of 40 hours per work week.
PERFORMANCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meets and instructs assigned classes in the location and at the times designated.
• Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
• Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
• Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
• Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the locations provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
• Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Diagnoses the learning abilities of students and evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
• Maintains complete and accurate records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
• Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policies.
• Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms through appropriate parent teacher conferences.
• Individually and cooperatively with other teachers, supervises pupils in and out of classroom activities during the assigned working day.
• Attends and participates in faculty meetings and serves on assigned committees.
• Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
• Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
• Accepts a shared responsibility for co-curricular activities.
• Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
• Perform related duties as assigned by the director of Special Services.
Acts in accordance with the by-laws and policies as set forth by the Owensboro Board of Education, KRS and KAR, and applicable Federal laws and regulations.
• Demonstrates loyalty and dedication to the purposes and goals of the Owensboro Public Schools.
• Instructional salary schedule based on rank and experience
• Certified benefits package
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Hager Preschool Salary Range Per Year Shift Type Full Time