September 8, 2020
Job type: Full Time
Estimated Salary $72,896 - 73,520 /year
Owensboro, KY 42301
Owensboro, Kentucky, US
Date Posted: 9/8/2020 10:23:01 AM
Leverage Your Industrial Mechanical Experience to Make an Impact in a Critical Leadership Position with Growth Potential Enjoy autonomy in a high visibility, hands-on, self-starter role where no two days will be exactly the same If you have industrial mechanical experience with knowledge of chemical processes and/or rotating equipment, the role of Reliability Engineer is your opportunity to make your mark and develop your career . You will work within a key North American plant and support the production of high-performance polyethylene and phenolic resin battery separators used in the lead-acid battery industry. Consider a few of the advantages of joining our team:
• You will play an important role in providing process and engineering expertise that will lead to greater machine uptime.
• This is a high-visibility role where you’ll have exposure to top management, and you’ll be able to make a large positive impact on the organization.
• You will enjoy a congenial atmosphere and being part of a tight-knit team that works well together, and who have already bought in to the need for this role.
• We promote employee development and we're proactive about succession planning -- success in this role could set you up to advance in the future .
• Daramic is the world's leading manufacturer and supplier of battery separators for automotive, industrial, and specialty applications -- in fact, we invented the first polyethylene separator! Our products are in demand.
• You'll enjoy the innovative culture of Daramic, as well as the stability and resources of parent companies Polypore International and Asahi Kasei.
• We offer competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits .
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Reliability Engineer opportunity, you will have:
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering, statistics, mathematics, or a related field is highly preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3+ years of related experience, including experience in chemical processes and/or rotating equipment (ideally both)
• Knowledge and experience in industrial mechanical processes
• Aptitude with mechanical, electrical, and/or controls/instrumentation background, with a strong understanding of basic engineering principles
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to explain processes and solutions to people at all levels of the organization, as well as the ability to create and deliver presentations to corporate-level teams
• The ability to make quick, accurate decisions, and to communicate solutions clearly, taking the lead with a team that does not report directly to you
• Computer skills including Microsoft Suite products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint); experience with AutoCAD would be a plus
While the plant runs 24/7, you'll work a standard day shift, with the flexibility to work extended hours as needed to meet the demands of your role. You'll also be part of the 24/7 on-call rotation every few months.
For over 85 years, Daramic, LLC has led the way in developing new and innovative technology for the lead acid battery market. With headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA— Daramic supplies high-performance polyethylene and phenolic resin battery separators to the lead acid battery industry. Daramic is part of Polypore International , a leading global high technology company specializing in microporous membranes. Polypore brings advanced development and manufacturing know-how as well as unique problem-solving capabilities to customers' lithium-ion and lead-acid battery development teams. Polypore is an Asahi Kasei Group company, which is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors.