Foreman - KY
September 5, 2020
Foreman - Owensboro, KY
Star Construction, LLC
Star Construction, LLC
Read what people are saying about working here.
Full Job Description
Under general supervision, this position performs tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of cable television or telephone systems.
• Responsible as a crew leader; proper, accurate and timely submission of Production Reports
• Oversees crew assignments including daily work assignments, path determination and communication with the crew, customer and general public
• Ability to handle, instruct, or oversee daily work components including: bucket trucks, digger derrick, excavators, and more.
• Ability to safety work aloft using climbing hooks and ladders.
• Direct traffic flow in accordance with local and state DOT guidelines
• Reads and implements design prints and other related instructions pertaining to the job
• Maintains and operates vehicle and equipment safely following all manufacturer safety specifications and traffic regulations
• Maintains proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment
• Valid driver’s license required; CDL preferred
• Must have an understanding of basic and advanced construction principles
• Knowledge of “safety systems” associated with trenching and/or drilling including set-up and emergency procedures
• Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or on-call
• Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift.
• Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
• Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens.
• Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.