Parts Counter Sales
September 6, 2020
Parts Counter Sales
Owensboro, KY 42301
• Experience: • Ag/Farm work related, 1 year (Preferred)
• Customer Service, 1 year (Required)
Full Job Description
Job Title Parts Sales Representative
Work Location All
Division/Department Parts Reports to Branch Parts Manager
Position Type Full Time FSLB Exempt/NonExempt
The parts sales representative is responsible for selling replacement parts to customers, sending parts to manufacturers to be repaired, stocking the parts shelves, and helping with inventory.
Greet customers as they enter the building.
Determine replacement parts needed from customers description or inspection of old parts.
Read parts books or computer display to determine part numbers of replacement parts.
Fill customer orders, invoice, and receive payment for all parts transactions.
Examine all return parts for defects, exchange or credit return parts as billed on previous invoice.
Advise customers of substitutions when identical parts are not available.
Make sure parts shelves and bins are stocked with appropriate parts.
Help with the yearly inventory.
Work Experience/Education Requirements
Excellent verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate internally and externally.
Excellent computer skills.
Attention to detail and accuracy.
Ag/Farm work-related skill, knowledge or experience preferred.
High School Diploma or GED.
Past job experience will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• Ag/Farm work related: 1 year (Preferred)
• Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
• Every other week
• Front End Manager
• N/A - fixed schedules
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
• Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Only full-time employees eligible