Compliance Officer - KY
September 6, 2020
Compliance Officer - Owensboro, KY
Owensboro, KY 42301
Read what people are saying about working here.
Date: September 3, 2020
Job Status: Non-Exempt; Full Time
Position Title: Compliance Officer
Supervision Received: The Compliance Officer will report directly to the Chief Risk Officer.
Supervisory Responsibilities: 6-7 staff
Job Summary: This position will manage and oversee the Bank’s Compliance Monitoring Program.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop, implement, monitor and manage an effective, risk-based Compliance Program.
• Monitor the Bank’s processes and procedures to ensure overall compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Provide compliance training to all staff and board members, including creating, maintaining, providing and monitoring of training.
• Implement changes to processes and procedures due to regulatory changes as well as monitor the changes.
• Review and approve disclosures, advertisements, brochures, and other promotional marketing material to ensure compliance with regulations.
• Regularly interact with regulatory agencies (Federal Reserve Bank and Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions) during routine examinations.
• Provide subject matter expertise regarding regulatory guidance to all areas of the Bank as needed.
• Oversee and mentor responsibilities compliance professionals, which include BSA, Fair Lending, CRA and HMDA.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the Chief Risk Officer.
Knowledge Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• Customer and Personal Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes internal customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the report writing proficiency.
• Law and Government: Knowledge of related laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders and agency rules.
• Computers and Electronics: General knowledge of electronic equipment including Microsoft Office applications.
• Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing spreadsheets, and other office procedures and terminology.
Skills and Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
• Must have excellent organizational and documentation skills
• Must be detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must work well independently as well as in a team environment
• Must maintain a positive attitude
• Proficient computer skills required; particularly in Word and Excel
• Ability to maintain confidential information
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
• College degree
• A minimum of five years’ experience in a compliance role with a financial institution
• CRCM certification or documented progress toward obtaining it
• A minimum of two years’ supervisory experience
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communicate, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. Minimal physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighting up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines.
Indoor, environmentally controlled. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
**This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties required by his or her supervisor. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status .