CDL Driver - Class A - $17.00 per hour
September 4, 2020
The Roll-Off Driver will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and courteously providing waste removal services to customers. The driver will run commercial and residential routes to mechanically collect construction debris and transport to the post-collection facilities for proper disposal.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Drives a roll-off truck along designated routes to mechanically collect, exchange, or deliver containers and take them to the post-collection facilities.
• Performs daily pre- and post-trip inspections. Completes and submits the vehicle condition report at the end of the shift.
• Courteously interacts with customers and/or the general public along the route to answer questions or respond to requests. Notifies supervisor of issues requiring management action.
• Cleans loose trash off of truck and/or ground around truck and container that spills during the loading and unloading process to maintain a clean customer site and safety along roads and highways.
• Maintains and submits a DOT logbook, daily route/productivity sheet, and vehicle condition report (post-trip inspection sheet) as required by law or company policy.
• Maneuver truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back up.
• Uses a key map and GPS to locate service addresses.
• Follows safe operating practices, including lock out/ tag out procedures to ensure proper operation of the truck.
• Monitors operations to detect loose debris, using mirrors or direct sight and/or listening for debris falling onto truck during dumping operation. Visually scans customer site before and after dumping.
• Adherence to all DOT, OSHA, FMCSA, and EPA regulations and standards.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned by management.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Class A or B CDL, with minimum one (1) year DOT medical card certified by a WCA medical provider
• Minimum of one (1) year verifiable of truck driving experience OR a certification of completion from an accredited truck driving school
• Experience operating a standard transmission on a commercial truck
• Must be able to meet criteria for safety sensitive functions according to DOT and Company standards
• Required to register with FMCSA Clearinghouse
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the truck and its components and the basic maintenance requirements for safe operation
• Ability to read, write, interpret, and comprehend documents, reports, and maps
• Ability to effectively communicate information with internal and external customers
• Ability to control operations of equipment; maneuvering truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors to back distances of approximately 120 feet or more
• Ability to judge the distance between equipment and an object
• Ability to repeatedly adjust the control and placement of equipment to exact position
• Ability to exert muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 50 pounds
• Ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing
• Ability to make simple and repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists
• Ability to operate a standard transmission on a commercial truck
• Knowledge of proper lifting techniques
• Ability to recognize unacceptable waste (such as gasoline or other flammable materials)
• Ability to follow all company safety policies and procedures
• Solid waste industry experience
Equal Opportunity Employer