Computer Lab Technician - Foust
September 3, 2020
JOB CLASS: 7526
JOB TITLE: COMPUTER LAB TECHNICIAN
• High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
• Two years experience in troubleshooting, operation, and maintenance of technology equipment, preferred
• Two years experience in administering academic interventions, preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Technology troubleshooting and maintenance ability.
• Web-based intervention software and administrative functions.
• Conducting large and small group interventions while integrating technology.
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
• Various word processing spreadsheet and data base applications.
• Operating procedures and practices appropriate to an instructional computer laboratory.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
• Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Organize and operate a computer lab.
• Administer technology web-based interventions for students, as directed by classroom teachers.
• Schedule lab use and assist faculty and staff with equipment operation and applications software.
• Provide lab support and informal and formal training to lab users and other school microcomputer users.
• Diagnose technology issues and track via work order system.
• Operate, adjust and maintain computers and peripheral equipment.
• Perform first-level break/fix on technology equipment in the building.
• Assist staff and faculty in the use of technology and familiarize users with applications software and utility programs.
• Organize and oversee computer lab operations.
• Work closely with district technology staff.
• Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a computer terminal to enter data, maintain records and generate reports.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
• Communicate data processing procedures and requirements to users.
• Communicate with school level leadership to carry out desired actions.
• Classified salary schedule
• Classified benefits package
• 7 hours per day
• 190 days
Equal Education and Employment Opportunities M/F/D
Primary Location Foust Elementary School Salary Range Per Hour Shift Type Full Time