September 2, 2020
Elior North America
Executive Chef (Req #: 4471563)
Food Service Management
High School/Secondary School Diploma or GED
1.2. First/Mid Level Officials & Managers
September 3, 2020
3000 Frederica St, ENA - Higher Education - Aladdin
Owensboro, KY, 42301, US
December 31, 2020
This position has responsibility for supervising production, culinary standards, sanitation and training for the contracted client’s retail/catering food service team.
• Plan, organize and supervise daily culinary operation of retail and catering services.
• Plan menus based on such factors as market trends, customer preferences and nutritional considerations; design recipes, determine appropriate ingredients and specify individual serving portion for each recipe.
• Develop menus in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
• Direct and coordinate the work of production and dish room staff.
• Maintain proper production, safety and sanitation standards.
• Direct and participate in the daily preparation of standard and gourmet food items.
• Evaluate the quality of raw food and ensure the quality of the finished products.
• Plan, develop and supervise a culinary team using a comprehensive menu management program.
• Ensure overall consistency and high quality across the various operations.
• Develop culinary training programs for food production employees and serve as a culinary resource to promote quality food services.
• Inspection of assigned units to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
• Plan, develop and implement culinary production for special events, monotony breakers, and catered functions.
• Supervise and participate in the preparation and display of menu items for special functions.
• Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
• Maintain proper inventory controls for food, supplies, and equipment. Interview, select, train and evaluate supervisory and support staff.
• Handle corrective action process with human resources and make salary recommendations.
• Control revenue and expenses to ensure financial goals.
• Ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Respond to inquiries and concerns from faculty, staff, and students.
• Maintain university policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Certification by a recognized culinary institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
• Demonstrated institutional, hotel, or restaurant culinary skills to include large quantity production.
• Must have 3- 5 years of culinary management experience.
• Strong leadership, oral and written communication skills are required.
• A proven track record of successfully controlling costs and managing annual budgets.
• Experience with a computerized menu management system, and knowledge of office and industry software applications is necessary.
• Ability to effectively supervise and train a diverse work staff.
• Must be able to remain standing for most of working hours.
• Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds.
• Must be able to perform respective tasks.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and days.
• May be exposed to hot, humid work areas.
• May be exposed to sharp instruments and power driven equipment.
• May be exposed to caustic chemicals.
About Elior NA
Elior North America enhances people’s lives through culinary innovation and a commitment to providing exemplary service. Our family of companies, with more than 18,000 employees, provides food services and catering to over 1,500 client accounts in five industry segments across the continental United States. We are proud to be the fifth largest culinary management company in the country and excited to be the fastest growing organization in the industry.
We focus on three ingredients for success to differentiate Elior from our competitors and position our company as a disruptor in the markets we serve. To support our ingredients for success and drive our mission and values, we need talented team members throughout our family of companies.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of the company that is, “ Small enough to care…and…Big enough to make a difference”?
View video about Elior North America here
Elior North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.