Scaffold Builder - Austin Industrial
July 31, 2020
Austin Maintenance & Construction, Inc.
Owensboro, KY 42301
Owensboro, Kentucky, US
Date Posted: 7/30/2020 6:40:32 PM
Austin Industrial, Inc. delivers premier maintenance, construction, and soft craft services to the nation’s leading producers of oil, gas & chemicals; energy; and manufactured goods. As a merit shop, employee-owned company that self-performs more than 95% of a typical project scope, we pride ourselves on helping our customers maximize their return on investment.
Builds, positions, and dismantles structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to sketches, blueprints, or company standards.
• Examines, selects and gathers materials and tools
• Examines blue prints and specifications to determine dimensions of structure
• Inspect base surface for obstructions
• Loads, transports and unloads material
• Measures boards, timbers, or plywood, using square, measuring tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials using pencil and scriber
• Saws boards and plywood panels to required sizes
• Uses carpentry hand tools such as hammers, levels, squares, screw drivers, adjustable wrenches, hand and power saws, drill motors and pry bars
• Assembles scaffold containing handrails, mid rails, braces and planks, toe boards, screening, locking pins and wheels to job specifications
• Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts for use in building concrete piers, footings, and walls
• Secures scaffolding to permanent structure by tying
• Erects scaffolding for buildings and other structures and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways
• Sets and braces anchor bolts
• May rig materials
• Performs minor maintenance or cleaning activities on tools and equipment
• Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required
Austin is an EOE, Drug Free Work Place, and participates in E-Verify
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
See job description